So we can picture you sitting at the table with us, how about telling us your favorite food and drink?

I'm Ruth and you'll find me eating a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, constantly refilling my teacup from a gigantic pot of hot green tea. (I share, you're welcome to some tea. :D)

Tags: favorite, food

Views: 830

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Tina, I know what you mean about Peanut Butter M&Ms!  They are sooo good, but so bad for me!  Not hard to finish a bag in a day or two..... :)

Green tea lemonade sounds perfect in this weather.

Salvete, I'm Morgan gotta cheese pizza in one hand and a Budlight Platinum in the other..I like to keep it classy ;)

I'm Sean, I'll take pizza and whatever good there is to drink.  I don't share pizza :P

Hi Sean!  I'm Melinda.  My husband doesn't share his food either. ;) Glad you found us!

Derek (that's me) is a shallow sort, so my favourite food and drink is whatever I'm eating or drinking at the time. the story of my life in a nutshell really, so why am I working on an autobiographical trilogy after revealing the succinct truth? I enjoy writing and of course I find self a fascinating subject.

Seriously, my memory of my childhood is extensive and goes way back and because I spent the first three years of my education at a residential Open Air School it helps in dating events pre and post. Initially my son and daughter suggested I write it all down as they would never remember the things amusing and tragic I told them. Once I started the project it sorted itself into three parts: childhood, adulthood and the third To have the title Family, Friends & Other Bleeders. 

Sharing amusing and tragic stories doesn't sound shallow to me, Derek.

Ruth, much of what I write is an attempt to laugh at myself - someone's got to do it - there is a tendency to take oneself far too seriously and I continually bore and irritate friend and foe alike by repeating that life is that little bit of fun between birth and death. If there's a paucity of fun in life we're not doing it right!

If, as I did as a very young, you overhear that you won't live long you quickly learn that everything is contingent, so grasp the world in both hands and squeeze the fun out of it.

Derek, you reminded me that I've an uncle that tells funny stories about himself all the time, mostly that point-out how stupid he is.  I enjoy his humor, but agree with the rest of the family that he is too self-deprecating for his own good.

I'm pretty much the opposite.  I'm way too serious.  I'd like to be a happy medium between him and me,  which sounds like where you are.  I need to laugh at myself more, as well as others.

I also like your idea of squeezing the fun out of life.

Spudnick, life is hilarious unless we're in some kind of pain, a condition I know a lot about! As an observer if not a voyeur I see both fun and pain all around me and did from an early age.

Your uncle sounds interesting, sometimes we tell stories that put us in a bad light to forestall others and it can become a habit especially if the recounting causes merriment...

Hello there. I'm Brittney and I always love a cold glass of Mott's Apple Juice and when it comes to food, I mostly prefer my own homemade food. I love to season things up but a simple home made whole wheat double pepperoni pizza always hits the spot :D

Hello Brittney.  It sounds like you make your own pizza.  If so, I'd like your recipe.  Could you please post it on the "Food" group here on Atheist Nexus: http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/food?groupUrl=food&xg_source=...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service