Interesting article on Cracked.com. Lviing as an atheist in a islamic fundamentalist society.

Hello all,

I found an interesting article on Cracked.com about living in Bangladesh as an atheist.

http://www.cracked.com/article_21125_6-realities-life-as-atheist-in...

Well worth a read.

MB

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That was very worth reading, and very witty.

Interesting and disturbing, never mind a good reminder of just how easy atheists have it in the States.

Well worth reading. I've never been "shot" at in the US for my disbelief. But, where I live, social and character assassination is alive and well... and very real.

His friend was beheaded and he was shot at because they were encouraging protests demanding the execution of some Islamists on trial for war crimes. So it wasn't just because they were nonbelievers. 

I would not like to live there, though.  Looking at the illustration of "Islamic Extremists Really Hate Heavy Metal", I do not want to live around that loud insane and very hairy certainty. 

I hope the blogger gets to stay in the USA.  Maybe he'll find a nice atheist woman to marry - either for real, or just so he can stay here. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo liked nice girl's blog post Why I am here
1 hour ago
Jason Andrews commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
2 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
3 hours ago
Freethinker31 commented on DAN DANA's blog post This Is How the Gaza War Will End
3 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
3 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
3 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
3 hours ago
BIPLAB DAS posted an album

anti superstition programme

its our regular antisuperstition school programme. this time we are in CHHATNA GIRLS HOGH SCHOOL of BANKURA DISTRICT in INDIA. we are disclosing the miracle behind FIRE WALKING.
4 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service