If I had power without limits

I would make all weapons and other threats, and both human and natural evils disappear.

I would raise back to physical life everyone's loved ones who have passed on.

I would make it so that when a persons' time to go came, they would die natural peaceful deaths and not because of disease or infirmity.

I would raise back to physical life everyone who ever lived on earth, and because there would undoubtedly not be enough room on the earth for them all, I would create other worlds just like earth for them to live on with all their loved ones.

I would not change anything about man and woman kind other than filling all their hearts with nothing but love for one another.

I would make the whole earth and all the other earths I made abundant with food crops.

I would make all pollution go away.

I would heal all amputees and not allow anymore birth defects.

No one would be hungry, or cold, or hot, or alone, or scared.

But this is just a dream.

Live life to the fullest, make the best of every moment. This is the only life we get such as it is. There will be good times and there will be bad times, and I just happened to notice not much of this rhymes. 

Live on

Peace

Tags: Power, Unlimited

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wanting to do it as you have just said is exactly why some cannot bear to live life without god. Only in god do they get to recieve the righteous fairy tale. Without him we all just live and die.

Nicely said.

You're a good man Tony.  Hugs to you my friend.

Death allows society to change.  Otherwise there would be people with attitudes from the Middle Ages around.

Actually there are people with attitudes from the Middle Ages around, as anyone who reads the anti-theist posts here knows. 

But there would be more of them, if it weren't for human mortality. 

"Death allows society to change. Otherwise there would be people with attitudes from the Middle Ages around."

I certainly agree with that statement, Luara, and never thought of it til you wrote it. You are very correct, but then so is Anthony Jordan.

Evolution itself requires death.

Painful in  some ways, but all our history, our makeup as a species and as life itself has arisen out of conflict and death.

In a way I can see the appeal of your wish, but it also is very similar the typical Christian's 'heaven'

"In a way I can see the appeal of your wish, but it also is very similar the typical Christian's 'heaven'"...The difference being I am an atheist, and as I said, it is only a dream, but a dream, nonetheless, of a person with all power who is much more benign than current theist gods.

Anthony, your kind heart and sweet spirit shows through your writing. Yes, Peace! Loved ones! Abundance! Wholesome water, air and soils!

And especially 

"Live life to the fullest, make the best of every moment. This is the only life we get such as it is. There will be good times and there will be bad times. "

Anthony Jordan 

The author of "Why Won't God Heal Amputees" calls on us to work towards creating a "Heaven on Earth". An excerpt:

... right now, for a majority of people on this planet, what we have created is Hell on Earth... 10 million children die every year as a result of abject poverty.

For these billions of people, eliminating Hell on Earth and replacing it with Heaven on Earth would be a major blessing.

What would Heaven on EarthTM look like? We would take many of the common conceptions from the imaginary heaven and attempt to create them here in reality. For example:

No one in the imaginary heaven would get sick. In the same way, in our real Heaven on EarthTM, medical technology will cure all diseases, reverse the effects of aging, etc.

No one in the imaginary heaven would be an amputee. In the same way, in our real Heaven on EarthTM, we should find a way using stem cells, limb cloning, nanotech or prosthetics to recreate the limbs of amputees at a level equal to or exceeding their natural limbs.

In the imaginary heaven, everyone has eternal life. In the same way, in our real Heaven on EarthTM, people will not die. Or they will live far, far longer than we do today, without the debilitating effects of aging.

In the imaginary heaven, no one would be poor ....

(and so forth)

"No one in the imaginary heaven would be an amputee. In the same way, in our real Heaven on EarthTM, we should find a way using stem cells, limb cloning, nanotech or prosthetics to recreate the limbs of amputees at a level equal to or exceeding their natural limbs."

I, myself, am an amputee, due to a birth defect.

Earth would be devastatingly over-crowded if dead people were brought back to life. This is one of the basic points I draw on in arguments over how dumb the concept of heaven is. Imagine trying to find your grandpa in a crowd that includes all generations, as opposed to just the living generations that define human life. Just an observation.

"Earth would be devastatingly over-crowded if dead people were brought back to life".

But, as I said, I would create other earths for them all to live on. And also that they would yet die, but from natural causes, and peacefully, and not from disease or infirmity.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service