Hey thought this was kinda funny. These bible beaters were at my school handing out new testaments to the kids like they do every year. Last time I checked people weren't allowed to hand out anything religious on school grounds. There were 3 or 4 of these people standing out on the sidewalks going into the school handing kids these books and asking "Have you accepted God as you savior." Just wanted to share this and get it out in the open.

Views: 12

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was in grad school, the Jews for Jesus used to come onto campus and hand out pamphlets. A small group of us produced a pamphlet for "Californians for Moses" (we professed to be just like Democrats for Nixon) and handed them out just down the path, the next time the Jews for Jesus came. Most people didn't get the joke. We even had a cartoon drawing of a surfboard-riding Moses holding the tablets entitled "Hangin' Ten".
hilarious.
Make pamphlets of your own and hand them out on the same sidewalk as they are. If the school gets wind of it, they'll most certainly put a stop to it.

You can find pamphlets on the web to download.

I recommend this one, if you don't want to immediately get in trouble.
Yes, I should have been clearer in my anecdote above. I don't think we can stop religious folks from handing out pamphlets, but we can hand out serious ones ourselves or spoof theirs with ones about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and other whimsical organizations like mine was. This is probably also the way to handle intractable holiday displays without being accused of attempts to "oppress" religion--just demand equal time.
it could be argued that the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster truly saved me.
but that's only if one feels the need to save or be saved. :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service