I think it's moral to keep birth control an option... so does the USA:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/20/obama-administration-exten...

While women’s health advocates praised the decision, many conservatives and organized Catholics responded with fury.  “In effect, the president is saying we have a year to figure out how to violate our consciences,” said a statement from Cardinal-designate Timothy M. Dolan, archbishop of New York and president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). “The government should not force Americans to act as if pregnancy is a disease to be prevented at all costs.”

The USCCB also sent a statement from Franciscan Sister Jane Marie Klein, who chairs a system with 13 Catholic Hospitals. “I have hundreds of employees who will be upset and confused by this edict. I cannot understand it at all.”

In sharp contrast, Planned Parenthood called it “great news” in a post on the organization’s Facebook page. “President Barack Obama did the right thing by protecting birth control coverage for millions, despite incredible pressure from anti-women’s health groups and legislators.”

~my 2012 cents

really? how? c'mon... so you're admitting you don't realize the division and bigotry the fundamental view of catholic doctrine causes?

this is 2012 not 212

Tags: birth control, condoms

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess 7 billion people is just not enough for some people.

Yeah we need more people huh? Just don't understand their reasoning on this -- I guess that's because they lack reasoning.

Yep, its nice to avoid Soylent Green.

“In effect, the president is saying we have a year to figure out how to violate our consciences,”

Bull.  The president isn't making anybody use birth control against their conscience.

“The government should not force Americans to act as if pregnancy is a disease to be prevented at all costs.”

More bull.  The government merely wants to ensure women have access to the means to prevent pregnancy if they so choose, without the existing barriers of expense and religious nuttery.  People who wish to be baby mills are still free to do so.  

Americans United Commends Obama Commitment To Birth Control Access, But Questions Continuing Political Power Of Sectarian Lobbies http://au.org/media/press-releases/americans-united-commends-obama-...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service