The default logo looks like George W. Bush disguised as Jesus. While this is amusing, given that many people will not upload their own graphic, this can be annoying to see all the time. Also, even atheists, most of whom in the USA are apparently ex-Christians, tend to be as arrogant as Christians tacitly assuming that only (ex-)Christians really exist and nobody else inhabits the planet save for their Muslim enemies. There are plenty of people who come from other religious and cultural backgrounds, and even ex-Christians should cease exhibiting their Christian bias.

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I suppose you could superimpose Jesus onto this. It's a good match.
Nerd - it's "treat me well". And the plural of boy is boys - with an 's'.

Kids these days!
I think you should use the Jesus-fucking-Christ pic. Sure it is biased toward xtians but at least we could get a giggle out of it when we look at it.
When memes go wild. I've lost count of the number of people that have claimed it to be their "original" idea since then. NSFW -

http://www.jesus-sucks-dick.com/files/images/ftsoj.preview.gif
Well do you think it might be time to resurrect this topic? (pun intended) While a default avatar of GWBesus is a motivation for new users to up an avatar it is also quite aggravating to have to look at dimwit (gwb not the fairy sky gods son/self) every time we come to our little sanctuary here at AN.

How about a new contest to find the new offensive/motivational image to move those from no avatar land to one of more participation?

I kinda find this one amusing in silly kind of way

"While a default avatar of GWBesus is a motivation for new users to up an avatar it is also quite aggravating to have to look at dimwit (gwb not the fairy sky gods son/self) every time we come to our little sanctuary here at AN."

I agree. Bush is out of office, time for a new default avatar. How about one as simple as this:

I do like what you have made. It is tempting. However, I don't know if people will be motivated to put a real picture up.

What we do need to do is update the pic more frequently. I have temporarily changed it to a more international picture.

Might want to change the T-shirt logo - could be confusing.
How about changing it to "I HEART Felch" ? That should motivate almost everyone to change it!
...or, it might get people to change their icon, lickety split.
Why change the shirt - since it's a troll?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service