I went to Barnes and Noble to look for some books. As I was walking down the isles I noticed the fiction section, good selection.  I then walked over to the the bibles and scratched my head and thought, hey, shouldn't these be in the fiction section?  So I took one and put in in the fiction section and walked off laughing. Had I more time I would have put more.  Tee hee

Views: 512

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is funny. I guess that is why they have their own section "Religion and Spirituality", so no one gets pissed for them being shelved in Fiction, or NonFiction. I am sure christians hate seeing them in the same section as books on hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, etc. You know, because NO ONE is right but them. I find that SO arrogant. That the christians think that the whole world is not as smart as they are..because their book says so..Well, guess what? The other book says the same thing...that alone should convince people that religion is garbage.

The local Books-A-Million has christian literature on a separate shelf from other religious literature thus avoiding any cross contamination or spontaneous combustion due to the proximity of the conflicting deities.  

ha ha ha John!  Seriously?!!!  Mess with their heads and stick some other religions in with the xtian religious books and see if they run around like crazy trying to 'un-contaminate' the xtian section!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Your post gave me a smile John.  Thanks.  

I've not noticed how my stores handle it, as I stay as far away from anything religious as I can.  I guess I'm afraid of my body spontaneously combusting.

You are welcome 

"On Bullshit" is actually apropos! Frankfurt distinguishes a lie, crafted to substitute a fiction for some particular truth, from bullshit, simulating knowledge and competence, and characterized by a "lack of connection to a concern with truth", an "indifference to how things really are".

(The full text is available through the Internet Archive / Wayback Machine.)

And specifically about religions, from Atheist Meme Base:

'Your BULL-SHIT is more BULL-SHIT than my BULL-SHIT' -- Christianity vs. Islam debate

Barnes and Noble really does make me smile too!

Funny thing, I used to believe in the Bible.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service