I went to Barnes and Noble to look for some books. As I was walking down the isles I noticed the fiction section, good selection.  I then walked over to the the bibles and scratched my head and thought, hey, shouldn't these be in the fiction section?  So I took one and put in in the fiction section and walked off laughing. Had I more time I would have put more.  Tee hee

Views: 511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As long as you're doing that, you might grab a few qurans and anything having to do with scientology!  We REALLY shouldn't play favorites, you know!

Right Loren!

Very funny moment. I hope someone comes along and gets the irony (and the truth of it).

Its so sad to think that some people actually believe EVERY story of the bible. One night, I read a chapter of George R.R. Martin's work (ASOIAF) and then read some of Revelations. I really could not tell the difference between the two. I mean, one has a one-headed dragon. The other has a SEVEN headed dragon. 

There's an amusing video on YouTube by Religious Antagonist where he goes into a library and puts all the Bibles into the ficiton section. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-6r86T1m4c

Not as funny as the vid where he crashed a Tea Party rally dressed as George Washington, but still good.

Samantha Bee (sp?), from The Daily Show, was interviewing (showing what fools they are), people at the RepubliCon Convention.  They kept saying they were about smaller government, and peoples' rights, and she'd say "You mean except women, gays, etc."  They would get a kind-of deer-in-the-headlights look and try to explain, but she wouldn't let them get away with it.  I love John Stewart. :)

The Library of Congress classification system, used for the call numbers on books at most college, university, and government libraries, uses "B" for philosophy, psychology, and religion.

The Bible is under "BS".

(I am not making this up.)

Apropos: (from Cartoonstock)

That's great Grinning Cat! lol

I liked the line up at our old Borders store: they had Government and Politics right next to True Crime.

Dr. Allan, that's funny!

LOL

I wanted to find a copy of my 8th grade science textbook, "Explore God's Creation", because no one believed my stories about how bad it was. I finally found one from a novelty SciFi dealer. Should have known to start there in the first place!  I had a good laugh.

lol Humble Pie!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service