This site is the first link(s) on google when you search my name. I changed my name profile, took off pic and everthing...but the links from google brings you to my page anyway. Can I get rid of "Atheist" being associated w/ my name on the net?
Sorry for being a closet case, but I wouldn't want to lose any business at work over it.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have no privacy. Get used to it. There is nothing A|N can do about this. You own your private data, you are responsible for it. No one else. You. You don't want your name to show up in google ? Use a nick. Either that or don't use the 'net at all. Privacy abuse is a trillion dollar industry and if you choose to believe privacy settings at any website (other than at industrial strength security fortresses like banks) can be relied on, you are incredibly naive. Grumpy ? Yes. I have lost count of the number of times I have had to repeat this point.

Do one of two things - give false information in your profile (like I did) or do a bunch of totally amazing things that people will want to blog about using your name. Then, at least, your atheistnexus affiliation will come up on page six or seven of a search on your name.
It does eventually go away but it takes a little while for that happen.

By "go away" I mean that Google probably archives it and it stops coming up in the search.

The caveat on that is that it will still appear if you search archive sites but you'd have to know they exist, go there and specifically search them which most people don't do.

Your best option is to completely delete this profile so that when people click on it in Google nothing comes up.

Then create another brand new profile with an alias, etc.

I've always used an alias online and very few people would even know me by my real name.

There are also concerns with identity theft so I always put the wrong birthday in online profiles.

Everything else is true but in order to steal one's identity the birthday and full proper name are required.

If you don't give that information you're relatively secure from online predators who don't know you.
Lucky me no-one shares my name.
People who know me know I'm an atheist but I don't bring it up with employers or necessarily want them to know because I had a problem once.

My boss turned out to be a fundy. Total nightmare. I ended up having to leave the job.
That is the wisest thing I've heard in a long time. Thank you, sincerely.
Brilliant!!!
Stealing this phrase and reusing it elsewhere...And will be living that phrase out.
your picture is in the same row as GW eating a lion cub! lmfao

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

sk8eycat replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
2 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
2 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
7 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
7 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
11 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something
12 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
16 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
20 minutes ago
Gwaithmir replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
25 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
28 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
33 minutes ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
34 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service