Hurricane Irene just passed through my home state of Mass.  I hope everyone in it's path are safe. 

As I was looking for news about the storm, I came across this on CNN:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/27/glenn-beck-hurricane-irene...

It didn't take long for this natural event to be equated to god.

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Remember this too: Glenn Beck (aka Lonesome Rhodes) was once employed by CNN, on the sister Headline News channel. He was doing this crap on CNN before he went to FoxSpin until K. Rupert Murdoch (his full name) got tired of it.

Like the Lonesome Rhodes reference. I personally feel that every person alive should see "A Face In The Crowd" and read "1984". Those two things can really make you see through some spin.

I have seen A Face in the Crowd, in fact. =)  And the Lonesome Rhodes reference was what Keith Olbermann called him (and still does) on his Countdown news program.

Need to read 1984 and It Can't Happen Here - seems as though the authors must have known what was coming (George Orwell and Sinclair Lewis).

FLASH- glenn beck is a giant, fucking, moronic douche-bag!
Saw that story this morning. Last month he was calling Swedish murder victims 'Hitler Youth'.
I'll be glad when that rat-bastard prick starts getting some blessings of his own!
Not many people I hate. He's one.

ITA Eric!!!

Why isn't the post-Irene, blissfully sunny weather forecast attributed to god as well? That's kind of a mixed message. Then again, god does seem pretty bipolar. Or maybe the abusive and then remorseful parent.
God must be happen with how I have been behaving. He did not let a tree fall on my house. There IS a God!
If God does exist, he probably prefers atheists. It's kinda like how some Hollywood celebs enjoy occasional anonymity.

"Shit! There's that Glenn Beck douche! Why won't he just leave me alone?"

And it's really hard to find someone worse that Ann Coulter!  This a.m. on the Stephanie Miller show on the radio she said Ann Coulter had another of hers out saying that we are too complicated to have been evolved, it's mathmatically (sp?) impossible.  LOL.  Of course the people on Stephanies show all pointed out that Ann Coulter is NOT evolved.  So true.

It didn't take long for crazy eyes to capitalize on a natural disaster.

I prepared with batteries and water. 

During the storm, I read the holy book..."The Demon Haunted World."

Then the winds died, the rain stopped and the sun came out...praise the Sagan!!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service