We battle it out, history has proven time and time again that those on the primitive path lose to those on the higher path, it just takes a really long time, which is time and effort wasted.
I don't see any benefit to maintaining the status quo, other than it makes a bunch of very insignificant homo spaiens happy, what's their happiness or loss of freedom to me? NOTHING, it means absolutely nothing to me.
But here's one for you Dogly - clothing, the man made material alternatives to animal hide are environmental nightmares, contributing to the island of junk twice the size of Texas floating around the pacific ocean, we can't have that.
So if I see you and a lamb in a burning building and can only save one of you, it's OK if I save the lamb right? If its meat is as tasty as the chunk of lamb my wife prepared last night, then it was well worth it.
I love humanity, that doesn't mean I won't stumble upon the occasional prick I'd love to beat the shit out of. If you were confronted with a lioness, do you think your love for all animal creatures would be enough to convince her not to feed your guts to her cubs? We eat meat, that's the way we have evolved as organisms and as a species, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that considering that just about any carnivorous organism on this planet wouldn't think twice before devouring me if hungry. I love animals and I'm all for treating other living creatures with all the respect they deserve and we are capable of, but you will never convince me that enjoying a steak is immoral.
Unless you hunt and eat your raw, freshly killed prey, you are not a carnivore. You eat long-dead, decaying creatures. Biologically, that makes you a scavenger. Are you truly in danger of being eaten by lions? The other animals eat animals argument is ludicrous. You do not eat animals that eat animals. You eat cows, sheep, goats, etc. Do they also pose a threat to your life?
It's also best not to say you love animals, unless you add which sauce you love them with. You can not honestly state that you treat living creatures with respect, when you pay others to torture and kill them for you to eat. No-one likes being told that he is mean. Instead of giving excuses for cruelty, just stop being mean.
1) Scavenging is an eating behaviour, one that certain carnivorous organisms exhibit. The two things are not mutually exclusive, quite the opposite.
2) We eat animals that we have nurtured for that very purpose and because meat is an essential component of our diet. No part of your philippic will convince anyone of the opposite.
3) My point was that a carnivorous organism wouldn't have any doubts about what to do with you or me if given a chance to. You don't think of a lioness killing an eland as immoral, yet you want to lecture your fellow humans for needing proteins and essential amino acids?
4) I won't have anyone - ANYONE - who doesn't know me spew crap about I love or not. I love animals, I have pets, and I won't have a stranger claim otherwise. If there were any way for me to procure myself meat in a more natural way in an urban environment, I'd be more than happy to do it. Sadly that's not the case, so I'll have to resort to buying the products of industrial production sold by the great distribution chains.
5) Eating an animal's flesh is no more cruel than a lioness chewing on the deer it has just killed. Double standards won't take you anywhere. The cruelty is when the life of said animal is made hell from birth, way before reaching the slaughter house. I agree that's regrettable and I wish that weren't the case, but welcome to the real world.
Less appealing to emotion and more rationality, sir.
Eating an animal's flesh is no more cruel than a lioness chewing on the deer it has just killed.
Sure, that is right. A carnivores animal killing other animal is cruel.But i was not talking about animals killing animals.Animals cannot think like Humans. I just wanted to know why the domestic animals which are used by humans for various purpose have to be killed....