Many people likes animals. Most of those same people eats Chicken,Mutton,Fish,Beef...so on....

So,Why many of those people who likes animals didn't thought that eating some animals is wrong ?

The same people who gets worried and angry when animals are being killed by poachers...but yet they eat chicken,mutton,beef,fish..so on.......

What is the difference ?

I mean...why some animals have to be killed and eaten by humans ?

Why can't these people who loves animals be Vegetarians ?

Views: 403

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I equate exploitation based on power to exploitation based on power. I'm an abolitionist. I am against enslaving anyone. That includes the other animals.
Dogly: I equate exploitation based on power to exploitation based on power. I'm an abolitionist. I am against enslaving anyone. That includes the other animals.

No, you are a moral relativist. For your position to remain consistent, you should see no difference between me boiling a slab of corned beef and boiling a baby. People boil corned beef all the time and you take no action, so therefore you would not take any action were I to boil a baby. There is nothing preposterous about this comparison. Remember you and your relativism brought something as vile as slavery into your argument as an equivalency.

You have two options -

* Object that boiling a baby is different and have your argument fall into hypocritical, double standard ridden heap. I would then point out your immense bogusness and use of cheap drama to vicariously express your humanity in trite and irrelevant rhetoric. I would then tell you that if you really wanted to express your humanity you would go out and by a homeless kid a sandwich instead of playing holier-than-thou on 'net forums. Or,

* You would not object and show you are consistent but, like all monomaniacal single issue obsessives (here is where the religion comparison comes in again), you are dangerously sociopathic with displaced narcissism/psychopathy where nothing is of any importance whatsoever unless it directly promotes your cause.

So which is it Dogly?
Dammit Dogly, almost forgot your most pertinent quote -

To be clear, I do not think you and I are BETTER than pigs.
"For your position to remain consistent, you should see no difference between me boiling a slab of corned beef and boiling a baby. People boil corned beef all the time and you take no action, so therefore you would not take any action were I to boil a baby. "
You say I take no action. But it is BECAUSE I am taking the action of speaking on behalf of the cow (corned beef) that you are so furious with me. I feel the same about the human baby. Since my atheist peers are not eating babies, I see no need to defend them. What action could I take to prevent you from eating corned beef? I could call the cops if you tried to kill a baby.
Also, why do you assume that I do nothing for the homeless? Sameer began this thread and was mocked.
Dogly: Sameer began this thread and was mocked.

Actually, Sameer is irrelevant. You provide the mockery fix for all.

Also, why do you assume that I do nothing for the homeless?

Because I know. When you can deform your brain to the point you equate human slavery to a steak, you make it perfectly clear that you and reality are no longer on speaking terms.
I think he wrote the "sashimi" comment long before you were specifically in the conversation.
No he did not. Did you Roy?

Is it just your eyesight or your brain?
Dude, no offense but your flesh is way too old for my taste buds.

Now you know why they had to invent gawds to protect you from the likes of me.

I wonder what your kind will invent next.
Dogly: Roy the infidel wants to turn me into sashimi, but I'M the one who is a dangerous member of society!
If you want to be a vegetarian/vegan, go right ahead. Eating meat in moderation is probably healthier for you. But for you to compare killing animals for food to child abuse exhibits a very narrow method of thinking that sounds just like the pro-life fundies who compare embryonic stem cell research to murder.
In some cases, I think it can be. However, some vegans quietly go about their business, eat what they eat, and don't make a fuss about it.

You might be interested in reading something about the psychology of idealistic diets.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service