Hello everyone,
I am a 3rd year psychology student currently studying Human Resilience. I hypothesize that athiests are more resilient against the perils of life because we seek the power within ourselves to overcome adversity. I've been an athiest since I was about 13 and began to realize the ridiculousness of my friends catholic rituals.
I'm having a hard time finding data to support my hypothesis, but I see it evident in friends of mine that are also non-believers. I too have been through some major adversity having been in foster care, partially raised by 2 mentally ill parents, and a plethora of other crap I'll spare you my diatribe.
I'd be interested to hear your opinions on my H1

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Brigette. Welcome to the Atheist site that really does appreciate pet rocks. That is your pet rock in the photo, eh? :)
Yeah, kind of a pet rock. Consdiering that is is now a fossil, yet it is a rock, but once was a dinosaur bone. I found it on an archeological hike in Drumheller, Alberta. Home of the Royal Tyrell Dinosaur museum. Awesome place if you're into that kind of thing. Students from various universities take you out in the badlands and you look for striated rock...that is actually bone.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

sk8eycat replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
3 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
4 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
8 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
9 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
13 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something
14 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
18 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
22 minutes ago
Gwaithmir replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
26 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
30 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
34 minutes ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
36 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service