How to Win an Election in South Carolina: Mark Sanford

Remember this guy?  While serving as Republican governor of So. Carolina, he disappeared for several days, then reappeared, saying he'd gone hiking in the mountains.  But he was exposed as a philanderer, having an affair with a South American woman, not his wife.  Then he ran for the U. S. House of Representatives against a TV comedian's sister, a Dem.  In interviews, he explained his rehabilitation as a pol by claiming God had forgiven him and "by God's grace, the voters gave me another chance."  God may have forgiven him, but I have not.  Appealing to the delusions of voters in his state got this sorry sap elected to national office.  Jesus put him in the same bunch of obstructionist rubes that are killing all progressive legislation at the national level. He is no longer a South Carolina disgrace, he is a national disgrace.  Thank you, So. Carolina.  Too stupid to vote.

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not much else to say, is there?  It's pretty clear that SC wanted one of their own kind representing them.  More's the pity.

Any state that can vote for Lindsey Graham and Jim DeMint deserves this creep in the other branch of congress.

Watched him being interviewed this morning. Of course, after banging his Argentine mistress like a screen door in a hurricane, he credits his comeback to the great Xtain JuJu Spirit in the sky. This seems to be a universal theme for those politicians that get caught with their zipper down in the wrong place. Newt "Lizard Lips" Gingrich goes to Pat Robertson for forgiveness.  Bill Clinton groveled before Billy Graham. Sanford just said he talked to himsel.... err, a - prayed. Seems however, that JC only forgives heterosexual assignations. Sen. Larry Craig from Idaho, guess you're just SOL.

Here in S.C., unfortunately, it's still all about that 'black Muslim' in the White House.  Hopefully we'll catch up with the rest of the world in 50 years, but I was hoping that 50 years ago.

}}}}

Hey, I feel for you.  It is about as bad (some say worse) here in Texas.

My sincere condolences but Florida is not much better.

As some friends of mine often say..."The hypocrisy reveals the lie."

This may actually be a sign that atheism is winning, insofar as it is no longer necessary seek god’s forgiveness for true redemption.  Just put an “R” in front of your name and it’s jubilee time . . . well, that and run for congress in a Republican gerrymandered district.

Thanks for the post James.

South Carolina has Sanford and we here in Tennessee have U.S. Rep Scott DesJarlias a Republican that a decade before calling himself “a consistent supporter of pro-life values,” supported his ex-wife’s decision to get two abortions before their marriage, according to the congressman’s sworn testimony during his divorce trial.

Obtained by the Chattanooga Times Free Press, the couple’s 2001 trial transcript also confirms DesJarlais had sexual relationships with at least two patients, three coworkers and a drug representative while he was chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper, Tenn. During one affair with a female patient, DesJarlais prescribed her drugs, gave her an $875 watch and bought her a plane ticket to Las Vegas, records show. [...]

The 679-page transcript reveals new details about DesJarlais’ interactions with a 24-year-old-patient, who claimed she became pregnant with DesJarlais’ child during a short fling in 2000 and that the doctor later pressed her to have an abortion.  Apparently Tennessee Republicans don't care if their Representative is a lying adulterer as long as he is a Republican. 

Big surprise.  "Do as I say, not as I do," eh?

I just heard another clip of his victory speech.  He said he was reminded of Lazarus.  (Note he did not say he was reminded of the mythological Phoenix; that would be pagan.)  If he only knew the Gnostic version of Lazarus.  The man's death was not of his full corporeal body but of his membrum virilis.  Jesus did not revive him literally from the dead; he brought back his erection.  Jesus was the Cyalis of his time.  At least that is what the Ophite-Cainite Gnostics believed.  "Rise, Lazarus" was not addressed to a dead man but a dead phallus.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service