http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/former-coach-fi...

would they have preferred her to abort?  would they have fired her if they found out she had an abortion?  if so, then it's not really about the kids now is it. 

now this woman is pregnant, without health insurance or an income.  doesn't this just sum up how the Religious Right handles things.  don't use contraception, but if you get pregnant don't get an abortion.  now that you're not getting an abortion, you're fired and left on your own to raise your child without support.  do these people even remember the teachings of Jesus? 

moreover, i get that this is a Christian school and they have certain rights that public schools do not.  still, i don't think that they should be able to discriminate, and i find it appauling that our highest court still allows them to do so. 

i also wonder what faith the teacher practices.  if she is Christian, will she continue to be?  HOW could she be?

finally, i found this quote very telling:

"How's it going to look to a little fourth-grade girl that sees she's pregnant and she's not married?"

um, like LIFE.  it reminds me of those parents who are deathly afraid that there children will hear swear words.  anytime you try to hide an aspect of life from young ones their curiosity is peaked.  combine that with the whole "reward vs. punishment" theme, and it's easy to deduce that Religion is akin to bad parenting. 

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not surprised at all.  I can't believe she didn't realize she would be fired.  I have a pal who got fired from her catholic school job when a fellow teacher found out she was living with her boyfriend of 6 years.  I guess she thought they would overlook it because she was such a beloved teacher, but nope.  They only like you until you step out of line.  Then you are shunned.

And these despicable bastards want the rest of us to adhere to their "moral" code.  Yeah. Right!

You've perfectly displayed the hypocrisy of these christian family values.  My brother operates a HUGE, well financed anti-abortion organization.  They put out a sign "Problem Pregnancy Center", next to Planned Parenthood clinics.  They pretend to be clinics.  They are not even medical professionals, not doctors, not nurses.  They are just religious zealots dressed in white uniforms.  The only test they can perform is the sonogram.  Descending to trickery to snare vulnerable, sometimes desperate, women, shows me how ignoble their goal is.   

That is simply disgusting to hear.

I don't even understand where xtians get this "family values" thing.  They just made that up themselves.  The bible and the stories about jesus don't teach it.  In fact jesus supposedly said to LEAVE your family and follow him.  So I don't understand why they think he and his values are so great.  He even killed a tree (supposedly) that he himself created, because it didn't give him fruit.  AND it WASN'T the time of year for it TO BEAR FRUIT!  What?!  Seriously it's all so crazy.

Xtians also claim morals for their own.  REALLY?  SO NO ONE ELSE has good morals, but all xtians do? AARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nice rant! Your scream resulted in my laugh, so thanks for that.

Thanks! LOL  It made ME feel better!~ Melinda

Seriously, read Sean Faircloth's book, *"Attack of the Theocrats", he goes into details of how religious schools are getting government funds; yet, get an exemption from the very same Constitutional rights that protect them from discrimination. It's no surprise where it started...

There ought' be a law…. oh, yeah, there is.

*BTW, whenever you order books, do it from here, and this site gets a cut.

indeeeed man

I have ordered books through that link Richard!  I need to remember to always do this, thanks for the reminder!~Melinda

sometimes ya gotta get ill...

"How's it going to look to a little fourth-grade girl that sees she's pregnant and she's not married?"

Who says that little fourth-grade girl even knows she's not married? I don't recall ever asking any of my elementary school teachers about their home lives...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service