How do you respond to: "Are you against religion?", "Are you against Christmas?"

I was asked by an Xtian if I decorated for Christmas.

When I answered "NO" - I got the questions I have heard before.

"Are you against Religion? Are you against Christmas."

(Religion is bad - so yes I am against religion)

Any of you here get these same questions? 

How do you handle them?

Views: 2278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very nice.

LOL Future, that's great!!!

hehehehehe....very cute!   I don't have a problem with decorations either EXCEPT when they use my tax dollars to pay for a nativity scene on the steps of the courthouse. That's not ok.

LOL.  Nice photos.

Lol

One might make interesting fluorescent christmas decorations.  Like in the spirit of Halloween.

Love your reply.  I enjoy xmas myself.  Nothing religious for me and my family about it.  Just being festive.

Us too Karen.

Winter Solstice - exactly VikingDon - good response.

How about, "none of your damned business, nosy!"?

Steph, I have NO problem expressing my disdain for religion. I usually clarify my disdain for Christmas by citing all the nonsense that occurs around this time of year: people who will wait in line (sometimes for days) to get a bargain while that time could have been spent with relatives or friends, all the muzak that is played everywhere I go; the emphasis on spending money on gifts while the emphasis should be on spending time with loved ones; all the religious overtones wafting from the various radio and television stations (as if we're all Christians); and last, all the stressed out people there are out on the roads and in the stores, which makes me want to stay home.

We do celebrate gift giving, we visit friends, and we wish people happy holidays (I even slip and wish people Merry Christmas), but we do NOT practice any religious gratuitous nonsense. I agree with Future that American culture has almost done away with the religion in Christmas anyway. Maybe in a few more years we won't have to feel defensive about not partaking.

Same here Eric. I dislike religion too. It's crazy that people camp out in front of stores to buy things.

I don't practice any religious nonsense either.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service