Up and down the coast from BC to California I have left post-its directing the next reader to the bible's contradictions and atrocities.

I will also be writing to the owners/managers of these establishments, complaining that I do not appreciate x-rated, racist, misogynistic, genocidal, child abusing hate literature being impressed upon me.

Even better if this could be a conjoined effort.

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why is it that atheists like me who think up that stuff aren't billionaires with batteries of attorneys on retainer so I can $tand to find out the answer? lol *sighs, eyes piggy bank who's wincing in the corner*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I know Butterfly!  If we had the money though, I think we'd be wasting it.  You can't fix dumb.

You're not supposed to read 'em - they're there in case you want to roll a joint, and you're out of paper....
They hold a pin very well for hash under glass as well.  Err...  so I am told.

I think it is wrong to steal the bible, or destroy it. But the post-it notes are perfectly acceptable. 

A hotel is not a public place, so if a hotel wants to place bibles in their rooms it is their right. 

You have the freedom to book the room or not, or the read the bible or not.

I think it is more reasonable to request a room WITHOUT a bible. Say that your religion (say FSM)

forbids you to be in the same room with this unholy text that contradicts the teachings of FSM.

If there still is a bible in your room, make a big fuzz.

Or better, tell them that your religion doesn't allow you to be within 30 feet of a bible. 

That way they also have to remove the bibles in the rooms next to you (and below and above you).

If enough people do this, eventually they will make bibles in hotel rooms optional.

Given that the room does not have any fly swats, I think the purpose of the bibles in the room is clear.
Best use I've heard for it!!
There is actually stickers you can buy at evolvefish.com that you can put on the bibles.
Now there's some useful information to know...thanks!  I'll use them as stocking stuffers for Xmas.
I find it annoying when a motel room has a bible but no phone book or cable guide.

Interestingly enough I can trace the beginning of my transition from Christianity to atheism to a Gideon bible.  It was a long time ago, but I can still remember thinking while I was reading through Genesis, "If he knew what was going to happen in advance, then why did he put the tree there in the first place?"  I never got past that single question.  I kept on reading the bible, (I still do to this day although for vastly different reasons), looking for a new hook to hang my faith on but the more I read, the fewer hooks there seemed to be until finally one day I woke up and realized that I had become an atheist.  Its interesting how unintended consequences work.

The real irony of it is that it was through picking up a different Gideons bible in a different hotel room several years before that which rekindled my interest in my former faith enough to cause me to pick up the one that eventually resulted in my abandonment of those beliefs.

So I say leave 'em in the rooms but the post it notes are cool too.

Russ

The Freedom from Religion Foundation provides stickers to place in Gideon Bibles: Gideons Exposed.

I like it, I like it...and only $3 for a dozen!  The Bible-EXPOSED....I love that quaint little way of putting it: Millions of people have been hoodwinked....

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service