My curiosity is a driving force and I'm interested in your thoughts and concerns rather than following through with this but I was wondering if anyone thought it would be a good idea to build shelters or halfway houses for atheist children kicked out of fundamentalist households. Maybe these places already exsist and I just don't know about them.

Tags: atheist, children, homeless, runaways, shelter

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is one thing that bothers me about atheism - we lack the organisation to do proper charity work, and this gives theists a lot of ammo against us. Your idea is fantastic - but would take a LOT of work. I suggested something simpler before, something like an atheist soup kitchen would be a great start.
I gotta agree, it would be a good thing to get some work doing, but organization is a factor. I only have one fellow atheist friend and I can't really find a way to meet anyone aside from here, so many people are quiet about it. I once read an article that referred to atheists as cats..well I can't remember why, but the essence of the article is that we're all thinkers and so different in our paths that its hard for us to organize. Lets do it!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service