Hi there, I'm a 16 year old twit who thought it was a good idea to come here. I am an Atheist, or at least consider myself to be one. When I was techincally a Christian when I was little I was basically going through the motions, or at least I think I was when I look back on it all...

I am a gamer and bum all around so you'll probably see me on a lot. Although I consider myself an idiot I'll try to give as intelligent input as I possibly can. I really became interesting in all of this Atheist, Theist, Evolution, Creation stuff a few months ago.

The year of school that just ended was the first where we really talked about evolution, and of course it was at the end of the year where it wasn't really explained. So even before we started talking about it my curiosity lead me to a number of intelligent videos all around youtube.

Heh, before coming here I was curious of seeing a Christian site, and so I did. It lead to me becoming very annoyed and frustrated by how hostile a lot of them were and leaving... So here I am. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner really.

I hope I'm not too much of a thorn in your sides.

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello and welcome aboard!  

There's an anonymous one-question poll going on right now about whether the words "under God" should be in the Pledge of Allegiance.  If you want to put in your two cents, you can click the link, then scroll down.  It's on the right-hand side of the page.  There are only about 300 responses so far, so your vote counts.  The link: http://www.azcentral.com/12news/  

Welcome Jake! Glad you joined.
Hey! Glad you made it.

Welcome, Jake! Do not consider yourself an "idiot" or a "twit", you've already made it much further than many people do!

The world ahead is much more interesting than the world behind. If your school only touched on evolution (mine did as well), check out the plethora of books and videos on the subject. I always found science a challenging subject yet I am fascinated by what I can grasp of evolution. PZ Meyers, Richard Dawkins, Steven Pinker, and Daniel Dennet are great places to start but yet there are so many more.

Dealing with believers can be frustrating, but remember most of them are good people but they are being deceived. Don't forget in your dealings with them that a large percentage of them actually believe what they are saying which requires a different approach than their leaders who are saying those things merely to control.

Again, welcome, and I hope to see you giving rational feedback/critiquing/skepticism on anything we post here!

Cheers!

So nice to meet you Jake!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service