My name is Georgia, I've just joined! I was brought up as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and left when I was 17. These days I'm an atheist / humanist and study Biology at Newcastle University. I especially love learning about evolution and psychology.

I hope to get to know you all :)
Georgia x

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Georgia. Welcome. Glad you found us fellow heathens and apostates. Hope to see you around.

Welcome Georgia! Can't say I've ever met any ex-Jehova's Witnesses. What was that like?

Good to have you here, Georgia!

I think there are some ex Jehova's Witnesses around here, I'm sure that you can find people that you can share your thoughts with on here.

Well it wasn't the most open-minded upbringing! :) they're not much like a regular religion, they're a cult. You might have heard about their shunning practices. My jw family and friends want nothing to do with me now that I've rejected the teachings of their organization. I'm still readjusting to that and learning to make new friends, learn new things and enjoy life.

There's a lot more that I could say but I'll save it for another time :) pleased to find like minded people here!

Wow, I didn't know about all that, even the shunning bit. How tragic that your family would trade their daughter for empty faith-based beliefs! That's what happens with fantastical thinking though. Glad to have you here, our community is growing and we are like a new family, at least that has been what it is for me, but I'm sure you'll find it the same way. And do tell us more when you have time!

Welcome! So nice to have you here.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service