Hey.

I'm new, everyone (obviously), so I figured I would follow the game-plan and introduce myself.

My name is Ava, I am an Atheist since birth and a secular humanist since I could read about philosophy and ethics. I am not an apostate of any religion, nor have I ever been inclined to consider being religious. I've been able to point out the glaring contradictions in sacred texts since the age of five, when I had no shame to challenge the pastor of the church I went to (reluctantly, with my foster dad) about what he was reading in sermons.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism. I believe it renders me completely unable to sympathize with the religious position because of my need to see things objectively and very 'black and white'.

I am a mother. I have a two year old daughter that I hope will grow up to be an intelligent and successful secular humanist, even if she only runs around naked and watches Spongebob right now-- someday she will think of deeper things, and when she asks where we came from, I will tell her we are stardust; we are remnants of dying stars. That is far more beautiful and less frightening than threatening her with hell.

I love intelligent debate and I love making friends on these websites (something I used to be very nervous of). I hope that within a few months, I am talking with a lot of you very frequently.

I am active on ThinkAtheist and other secular websites. I work as a freelance graphic artist for now, so if anyone needs any blog headers or buttons designed, let me know (I do it for free for anybody in the secular or autism communities because I believe in the cause).

I believe the world will only begin to be free when religion is eradicated, and I am terrified of the influence of religious conservatism in American politics, and how it contributes so heavily to the world's problems. True freedom is freedom of mind and thought, and that involves letting go of dogma, indoctrination, and myth that has no evidence.

Thanks for reading.

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi and welcome!!

Welcome Ava!
Hi Ava, it is interesting that you do graphic design. I have an idea for a website and was wondering if you might consider making up a header?
Absolutely, just pitch me the idea in a private message. You can contact me on Yahoo! at xunderinkx

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

James M. Martin replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
2 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
10 minutes ago
booklover replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
31 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to dr kellie's discussion what boobs are good for in the group Hang With Friends
37 minutes ago
Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Carl Sagan's Cosmos
39 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
43 minutes ago
Amanda Ashcraft posted a video
My Loot Crate just made my day today. Small little pick me ups right when I need one. :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203923636523049&l=6942591917367135588
57 minutes ago
sflmac replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat commented on Pete Matthews's status
1 hour ago
Joseph P replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Religion the virus of society in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Nick Bottom's discussion Solicitors, go away
1 hour ago
Joseph P commented on Dr. Terence Meaden's group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service