Our local atheist group wears bright blue t-shirts with "Ask an Atheist" boldly printed front and back while we walk in pairs at events, the mall, etc.  Our purpose is visibility and availability to answer questions.  We've done this 3 months now, with generally supportive response.  The visibility is working.  

Please see http://outatheist.info for more info and photos.  You will find resources in case you might consider starting such a project in your area.  It's very simple, yet highly effective and rewarding.  Check out the small website to see what we've done, and to see some tips if you might consider the same for your local community.

I think it's the most important thing we atheists can do right now in this country.  Not all atheists are prepared to go out visibly, so I feel it is more important for those of us who can to do so.  But, then, I've always been a risk-taker.

Often we have tag-along atheists who do not answer questions, but walk with us in support.  In fact, we even have had believers walk along with us in support.

It's working.  It's what we need, especially now in America.  Join us?

Tags: an, ask, atheist, coming, community, out, t-shirt, visibility, walk

Views: 83

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very cool!

Theists supportive too!

I think this is a terrific idea, but it will only work if those that agree that this is a good idea, put on the t-shirt.
I kinda wanna do this now.
That sounds great! Proud of you!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Luara replied to Pandarius's discussion When the solution is simple, God is answering. - Albert Einstein
14 minutes ago
Ted Foureagles replied to satyam dangi's discussion Do we need to change the entire spectrum of human civilization ?
19 minutes ago
Luara replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Homosexuals are possessed by fart demons. in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
28 minutes ago
The Devian replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Why Does Prince George Have Brown Eyes? in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
39 minutes ago
Ted Foureagles replied to Kalista Whitney's discussion Was there a particular event in your life that contributed to you becoming atheist?
41 minutes ago
The Devian replied to Brian Edward Croner's discussion Intelligent But Makes an Exception for Religion in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
45 minutes ago
A. D'Agio posted a photo
53 minutes ago
anneshathaways posted blog posts
3 hours ago
satyam dangi replied to satyam dangi's discussion Do we need to change the entire spectrum of human civilization ?
4 hours ago
satyam dangi replied to satyam dangi's discussion Do we need to change the entire spectrum of human civilization ?
4 hours ago
Pandarius replied to Pandarius's discussion When the solution is simple, God is answering. - Albert Einstein
5 hours ago
Pandarius replied to Pandarius's discussion When the solution is simple, God is answering. - Albert Einstein
5 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service