Hi there new to Atheist nexus and wanted to say what up. I'm also looking for fellow non-believers in my town and surrounding area. Wanted to get together with at least someone else and try to start a secular group in town where we can meet like minded people and generally have a good time. Well I won't bother you folks with my ramblings anymore. Peace!

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Used to live in Seattle. Not so sure about the atheist population in Wetsnatchee,
Any of your friends old enough to remember the witch hunt?

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&Fil...
Hello! I grew up here, moved away for 20 years and have been back for about 2. Love the landscape. The people.... well, there are a few gems! And a few atheists. I have a feeling we are kind of like the democratic populace which used to be a very quiet majority. We don't speak up often so we are hard to find!

And yes, I remember the those trials..... I did wonder at the time, how all that went down.
Know this is an old discussion, but I've been sort of not checking this site in awhile. I'm also a Wenatchee-ite, and so is, of course, my hubs. I have no idea who else is atheist here. I grew up here, left for Montreal for many years, lived in Seattle for almost as long, and now I'm back here in good ol' Wenatchee. The religiosity is a little culture-shock for my husband, who is from Montreal. He had never seen a Jesus fish on a car, nor a religious bumper sticker in his life. Well. One time he saw a Jesus fish drawn on notebook paper, taped to a car. Montreal is the one city in North America with the highest concentration of Jews--but most people there are non-religious (including the Jews). He said he once saw some Jehovah's Witnesses. Ha! We get Seventh-Day's and JW's weekly. We used to get Mormons, but I scared them off (didn't mean to).
As for the Witch Hunt, I left during, but not before I reported real child abuse to the police chief, who brushed it off and made the kid go back into the situation. He was too busy fighting "satanic cult abusers."

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service