...or Sandy. I am a non-theist - preferred over atheist because how can you not believe in something you say doesn't exist and that often atheism is becoming like a religion unto its own. Anyway, I started out as a non-theist and was indoctrinated by tradition by non-enthusiasts who sent my brother and me off to church while they slept in ! I did the route of searching and trying to believe but could never really manage it with any conviction or a straight face...I mean have you ever tried to talk poverty with an Greek orthodox while he is swinging incense in a ball that probably cost as much as my car? Or family violence with someone speaking in tongues? I have become overt as those on the fringe demand more killing in the name of one god or another, and mingle so-called patriotism, misogyny, racism into this artificial construct and try to insert it like a vaccine into every oriface.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Incense ball costs as much as a car? What does it have, diamonds on it??
Just gold.  Those things are weapons too, I swear.
given the price of gold these days, you could get a decent used car for the value of the incense ball :)
Hi, pixie, PRG, and Elyse.
Thanks for the welcome, Eugene.  I should have said that some people treat it as a religion - even the trend of the day, of course on it's own merit it simply the absence of belief.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service