Hi

I'm Sylvia from Southeast Texas.  I am a lifelong atheist, and like I read in someone else's recent post, I have never thought to look online for atheist forums.  I am so used to just keeping my thoughts to myself as I have always done here in this part of the country.  I never knew an atheist outside my own family until I went to college when my kids were small.  Recently I was invited to join a local Freethinker's group via Facebook.  It's been refreshing to meet some of those people in person and to be able to feel free to express myself.  I look forward to getting to know a lot of the folks here.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, glad to have you here. Scot from Minnesota.
Hey! Good to meet you.
Welcome Sylvia!  I'm in San Antonio. Welcome to A/N!
Sylvia ... A very warm welcome from thousands of miles away  :-)
Oh one more thing Sylvia I heard they are very religious there in Texas... Is it?
Hmmm... Same in my home country.. A little bit different, they take out guns and kill if we even raise doubts on the "peaceful" religion of islam. Anyway stay safe and stay away from god :p
Hi Sylvia! Welcome, from the southernmost tip of Illinois.
Welcome, Sylvia. I read your post in "How did you become an atheist?" It's right after mine. So glad you checked in from East Texas.
Lary

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service