Hi

I'm Sylvia from Southeast Texas.  I am a lifelong atheist, and like I read in someone else's recent post, I have never thought to look online for atheist forums.  I am so used to just keeping my thoughts to myself as I have always done here in this part of the country.  I never knew an atheist outside my own family until I went to college when my kids were small.  Recently I was invited to join a local Freethinker's group via Facebook.  It's been refreshing to meet some of those people in person and to be able to feel free to express myself.  I look forward to getting to know a lot of the folks here.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, glad to have you here. Scot from Minnesota.
Hey! Good to meet you.
Welcome Sylvia!  I'm in San Antonio. Welcome to A/N!
Sylvia ... A very warm welcome from thousands of miles away  :-)
Oh one more thing Sylvia I heard they are very religious there in Texas... Is it?
Hmmm... Same in my home country.. A little bit different, they take out guns and kill if we even raise doubts on the "peaceful" religion of islam. Anyway stay safe and stay away from god :p
Hi Sylvia! Welcome, from the southernmost tip of Illinois.
Welcome, Sylvia. I read your post in "How did you become an atheist?" It's right after mine. So glad you checked in from East Texas.
Lary

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service