Hello everyone, I'm new here and I am 26 and new to being an atheist as I was raised in a christian home and was taught to believe a certain way until I finally decided to start questioning things and I quit believing things based on faith and not fact. Needless to say I am pretty much shunned from my family although they never to cease to tell me that I am wrong.

I love reading, studying, being skeptical and learning.

It feels good to be around other people who won't judge me.

Tags: newbie

Views: 239

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the forum Shawn. I have some bad news for you. Atheist may be more judgemental than any other group of people that I know of. The good news is "we tend to use criteria that are actually measurable for judging other people."

I will probably get nailed to the wall for speaking for someone other than my self. And, rightfully so! Feel free to jump in any topic. That is what keeps the forum going.

Thanks! And thats alright, as long as you guys discuss things I'm fine :D

Well I was raised pentecostal and I've been to baptists and went to revivals... And experienced people being baptised and talking in tongues and all that jazz. I still question what it is they are experiencing.

Thanks Debra, my mom hasnt shunned me but she doesnt like the decisions I've made about leaving religion. Its mostly my family like my uncles and aunts or they try to convert me and convince me that I'm wrong.

Welcome to us godless infidels, fellow apostate and heathen. Glad you're here Shawn. 

@Michael. I'm not going to nail you to anything. Last thing the world needs is another god. - LOL!

LOL! And thank you Pat, I appreciate it! :D

Welcome Shawn!

Thank you sooo much!

Greets and salutes, Shawn, we're glad you joined us!

Thanks! :D

Welcome  Shawn.

Thank you!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

John Jubinsky posted photos
20 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
4 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
4 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
4 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
4 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
4 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
4 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
4 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
4 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
5 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service