Just a quick introduction! I'm a member on a few other atheist websites, and sort of stumbled into this one but happy I did. I can't believe how big this community is online, wow.

A little about me, I was raised in a Christian home. I spent most of my adulthood, following the faith. I think that indoctrination as a kid has a lot to do with shackling someone to religion into adulthood. Fear, dependency, control, all tactics used by religion to keep people compliant. I do have good memories, of course. It was my identity for a very long time. Now, I'm 33, and in my late 20's I started discovering truth, as it really is. Not as I was taught it should look like. I read a lot about Charles Darwin's unraveling of his own Christian faith, and followed a lot of his logic to assessing the Bible, and figuring things out on my own. That is something religion doesn't afford a person--the ability to critically think and make decisions.

I love long walks on the beach, and holding hands...oops. Wrong profile. hehe

I try to bring humor into the mix as much as possible. If we can't laugh at life, what's the point?

I look forward to getting to know you all...and if you have questions for me, feel free to ask me in the open or pm. Whatever you like. :)

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Facebook is basically the largest personal information database.

“Facebook succeeded in accomplishing in 5 years what the CIA has being trying to do for 100 years”
~ Edgar Hoover Jr.

That's what I think of both of them.

Our thoughts match!

Hi, girl, and welcome. Most of us are friendly here.

HEY, Deidre!  I almost said I eat babies and pass the time hating god and harassing christians ... but April Fools' Day was yesterday!

Glad you got here!  Come on in and have yourself a GREAT time!

Anything I can do to help you navigate around, please say the word.

Thanks, but I think credit goes to the uncyclopedians (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com) I copied that from them. If you like reading humour, you will find Uncyclopedia articles on literally thousands of topics. Its basically a spoof of Wikipedia.

Here is one of my favourites: Flying Spaghetti Monsterism

Welcome Deidre, Arp and George. Glad all of you found us. I've said this before, but we are an eclectic group with varied backgrounds and interests. Glad to see you have a sense of humor, Deidre. I appreciate that in a person, and do my humble attempt to engage in that myself. Dive on in. There's everything here from discussions on evolution to culinary creativity.

Thanks Pat, for the welcome!

Welcome Deidre glad you are here.

Welcome!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service