Hello, my name is Shawn. I am new to the online atheist community. I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I went to catholic school until 4th grade, however, don't remember having religion in my house. I think my grandparents pushed my parents into sending me there. My parents divorced when I was like three, after being forced to get married so that I wouldn't be a bastard child. I don't remember ever buying into to the whole "jesus' thing. In 5th grade I went to public school but was still forced to go to catechism classes after school, that lasted until 7th grade, just before confirmation or whatever. I asked too many questions to which the answer was "because the bible says so" and I was disrupting the rest of the class. I think I was pretty obnoxious about it, my parents were asked to control me or I had to stop coming. So I took it upon myself to just stop showing up. So, that was my last my last encounter with that. and I'm much happier and more intelligent, and better off for it. So up until recently I was what some people call a "soft atheist" not really vocal about it. But I find myself over the last 8 years becoming more and more angry at religion in our government (Bush) and our world in general, and I have been looking for others who share my views. so here I am. I look forward to hearing and voicing my atheist opinions. I am married and have 2 kids. My wife and I are constantly searching for community organizations that fit our heathen views. We are always saying we want that church community feel with out all the religious bullshit that goes along with it. I hope to find something like that here, I guess. Anyway thanks for reading. Hope to hear from and talk to you all soon.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome. I too was raised Catholic, but never bought into it. I asked too many annoying questions during CCD classes. At age 13, right after my confirmation my dad gave me the option of going or not. I ran for the hills. For the life of me, I cannot understand how any of these myths can be taken seriously. I know what you mean, about that sense of community churches seem to have a monopoly on. We're getting there slowly, thanks to the internet, better communication, and small local atheist groups.

Well, welcome to Atheist Nexus

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service