My friend came up to me two days ago (March 25) and said that it was me that converted her to atheism. I showed her a couple of books, websites, and some of my favorites on youtube about a month ago, when she asked me about Atheism. I didn't really intend to convert her purposely, we were just casually yapping in my house about nothing and the subject came up. She thanked me too! This is the first person I ever converted!

If anyone has similar or great stories, please share.

Views: 763

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

... but accurate.
I have been an Atheist for a wonderful God free year now, and I have influenced 3 people to critically challenge there religious views. All three have sense became Agnostic-Atheist. Not bad huh! Now my parents are a lot harder and old school so it's probably not going to happen.
My compliments & congratulations. I have strived for over 20 years to 'plant seeds' of doubt/wisdom & haven't done much more than you have in two months. America needs thousands of you. Have you considered being cloned ? :-)
I found it funny that the last time I spoke with someone about religion, who claimed to be Christian, they didn't even really believe that Jesus was a god, but a prophet of god.
Christianity: FAILED
Yeah, wrong religion. That's Islam.
Good job, Allison.All Atheists should be so active--& productive. At that point in time when there are so MANY of us, we won't be vilified as we are now. Even politicians won't dare say what Pres. Bush one said, that SOB !
Have I ever converted someone to atheism?

My nephew and I had a serious discussion about religion when he was ready to begin high school. He had spent kindergarten through 8th grade in Catholic schools. Upon learning that his parents could no longer afford parochial school tuition and were sending him to a public high school, I remarked with some relief that his days of indoctrination were over. This prompted him to ask questions about other religions, agnosticism and atheism. Rather than urging him to reject religion outright, I told him he should pursue comparative religious study, including an open-minded study of the different versions of the bible. A couple of years after he had completed college, he told me that he was an atheist as a result of studying religion.
A handfull of my friends and one of my sisters is now an atheist thanx to me.
My employee is now an atheist. Not because I threatened to sack him but because he saw sense after lots of chats over luch and coffee. He's a black gay man and so it didn't take much to convince him that the god squad were not conducive to his well being.
you mean 'something'... happens and one becomes godless...
perhaps they learn from a book.

Conversion is everywhere.
Wish I could do that with my mother. She's just too old and too set in her ways, to the point that she aggressively fights against anything trying to change her.
Be gentle with her. Don't even TRY to convert her. Just plant seeds. If you plant enough of them, one or more will germinate.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

abdulrahman aliyu posted a status
"How I wish things were different....... And I am in open society, not living in the midst of Muslims and couldn't express my views openly."
6 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Daniel W's group Food!
28 minutes ago
Connor Galletly replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
30 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
31 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
33 minutes ago
Connor Galletly joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
37 minutes ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
43 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
2 hours ago
Plinius commented on Daniel W's group Food!
2 hours ago
Patricia liked Todd Crispin's profile
2 hours ago
Deidre posted a status
"“It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.” ~Albert Einstein"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service