My friend came up to me two days ago (March 25) and said that it was me that converted her to atheism. I showed her a couple of books, websites, and some of my favorites on youtube about a month ago, when she asked me about Atheism. I didn't really intend to convert her purposely, we were just casually yapping in my house about nothing and the subject came up. She thanked me too! This is the first person I ever converted!

If anyone has similar or great stories, please share.

Views: 728

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@NoSacredCow: I'd say the difference you've missed is that I answered the objections.

Seeing as how you've already concluded that atheist asparagus is ridiculous, are you going to show us how you got there? If all that was required of logic was a conclusion, why, we'd all be Mr. Spocks.
And if you understood my argument against your definition of 'atheist,' then you'd understand why the response 'Asparagus isn't sentient. No thought process' doesn't lend support to your definition. It's not that I think asparagus can swing atheist, it's that your original definition included asparagus. When you say such a notion is silly, you are either saying your definition is silly, or it is silly to say it includes asparagus. Pick one and go with it.

So now you admit that atheism isn't simply 'absence of belief in gods.' You've changed it to 'absence of belief in gods within that which is sentient.' That still includes my dogs, and if you keep whittling away, I think you'll settle somewhere around 'absence of belief in gods within that which is capable of conceiving of such.' And that doesn't include babies.
I'd say that gods were probably born from schizophrenics. Some of them have voices in their heads. They were the first prophets.
That's another great source of strange ideas.

And then there's neurotheology:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2003/godonbrain.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotheology
I never quarrel with fellow Atheists. There's a WHOLE WORLD out there to 'convert'. To help them from belief in imaginary deities who do NOTHING to help them.
Lol. I never thought of it that way, as I'm still a bit green on the computer.
Does asparagus have gods?

My point is that atheism also is not the default position. Babies are incapable of that kind of position, as are rocks, asparagus, dogs, and the brain-dead. When the greeks said 'godless,' I don't think they were thinking of asparagus.
Do you mean that I'm a god? (Well, that is what women say.) If that is your belief, does that not make you a theist?
If you think my asparagus has gods, then does that mean you believe gods exist? If not, what did you mean?
Asparagus is my least favorite vegetable. I only eat it as 'penance' for my Atheism.
Brain-dead atheists are my least favorite veggie. >:D
Me: "Does asparagus have gods?"

You: "I think your asparagus does."

??? But maybe you were intending a "yo mama" style accusation that I am a theist. I can't read between your evasive lines, but the evasions speak loud and clear.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

EducationIsCool posted a video

Welcome to Jesusland (Part 20) - Spirit Science Doesn't Get DNA

Video response to Spirit Science (or TheSpiritScience) and his video, "Spirit Science 11_11 ~ Dna Activation," which you can view below. Spirit Science -- "S...
8 minutes ago
TNT666 commented on sacha's group No Nonsense
54 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Davey Lee's group Climate Concerns
2 hours ago
Clarence Dember replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Roundup Ready Corn IS Toxic in the group Atheists who love Science!
4 hours ago
Clarence Dember liked Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Roundup Ready Corn IS Toxic
4 hours ago
Craigart14 replied to Luara's discussion religious magazine in doctors' office
4 hours ago
Hiram replied to Hiram's discussion France Bans the Burqa: The Humanist Poll
5 hours ago
Loren Miller replied to Hiram's discussion France Bans the Burqa: The Humanist Poll
5 hours ago
Christine replied to Christine's discussion Joined the AFA mailing list
5 hours ago
Christine replied to Luara's discussion religious magazine in doctors' office
6 hours ago
Donald R Barbera posted a blog post
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Luara's discussion Proof of god(s)
6 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service