I'm asking because earlier today while I was walking to class, a woman handed me a "trillion dollar bill". It was not until I read the back that I found out it was one of those religious stuff....trying to tell you to repent your sins so you don't go to hell >_>

Here's what it said:

The trillion dollar question: Will you go to heaven when you die? Here's a quick test: Have you ever stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgement Day? If you have done those things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. God, who the Bible says is "Rich in Mercy" sent his son to suffer and die on the cross for guilty sinners. We broke God's law, but Jesus paid our fine. That means he can legally dismiss our case. He can commute our death sentence. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then he rose from the dead and defeated death. Please repent (turn from sin) today and God will grant everlasting life to all who trusts in Jesus. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

Yeah, I was pretty pissed that I got this stupid thing but I decided to keep it and wrote all over the words like "Hell doesn't exist" and stuff like that :P

so if you've received something similar, what did you do? I guess most of you would rip it up and throw it away? Would any of you confront the person that gave the paper to you? :P

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great poster! I feel like laminating it and carrying it around!

Love it Loren.  It's a keeper.

The fact that they have to utilize these gimmicks at all suggests they are on their last gasp.  We have one mega-church wannabe here who puts out large-size postcards sent to "Current Occupant" at your address.  When one came with a sexually suggestive message, I got an injunction against them at the post office, complaining that the cards were "obscene."  I mean, can you imagine, ME?  Calling something "obscene"?!!!

I usually just say 'no' and don't engage people handing them out, for the sake of peacekeeping. However, there was one time when a senior was handing out free Jesus CDs at a busy intersection (Torontonians: Beware of the Jane & Wilson intersection, lots of loonies around there!).

I declined politely, but he followed me and insisted, so I said 'No, thank you' once more. He said 'You should take one now that I'm giving these away for free; I'll be selling them for $5 soon!' I asked him what made him think that I would want to pay for his CDs later when I didn't want them for free now. He look baffled and asked me why I didn't want them at all. I said I'm not interested in religion. He replied, 'Oh, it's not about religion, it's about Jesus'. I told him it's one and the same thing. He squinted, move in creepily closer and whispered: 'Are you a Muslim?' I laughed out loud and told him I was an 'equal-opportunity nonsense defier'.

I'll never forget his reply: 'I'll tell my Mum you don't believe in Jesus!' (In a childish voice and waiving his finger at me!!) I told him that for all I cared, he could also tell her--if she was indeed still alive--that I don't believe in Zeus, Thor, the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus either. Luckily, the pedestrian light turned green and I was able to finally walk away.

These come from Ray Comfort (banana man) and his christian creationist group called Way of the Master and printed by it publishing group Living waters.  If you'er not familiar with Ray and his boy wonder Kirk Crocoduck Cameron they are anti-evolution, anti-science, anti-anything that doesn't go along with their biblical bullshit.  

That's the nutter from Growing Pains and the film version of Left Behind. Yuck!!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service