Hating pedophiles is as bad as anti-semitism.

... according to the vatican.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8601084.stm

Turns out, getting angry at priests for diddling small children is akin to the Nazi's hating Jews in the Vatican's eyes.

Yep, they threw out the Nazi argument.
You know you've lost when.

Can we be done with these pedophile lovers yet?

Tags: anti, antisemitism, nazi, pedophile, priest, semite

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It just goes to show you what a backward, insulated world these people live in. It's as if they haven't picked up a newspaper or turned on a tv in 50 years.
Try 500 years. Remember, the Medieval period was the heyday of the church. They were dragged kicking and screaming from their blighted position of somnolent dominance and want nothing more than to regain that twisted ideal mass ignorance and papal authority over all.
Even "the worst person in the world", Bill O'Reilly, called them out - he's also a Catholic. I know why he's a Catholic - he's an idiot.
The Catholic Church seems to do just about everything 100% wrong.
lol... and the story develops.

With the Pope's Personal Preacher backtracking and trying to worm his way out of calling us morally bound people "Anti-semites" (he claims he wasn't trying to say we are as bad as anti-semites, he says he wanted to point out how easy it is to use stereotypes... no joke.), the pope reluctantly adds a message that the church needs deep change, including adding "conscience".

SOURCE BBC : "In his Easter "Urbi et Orbi" address, the Pope said the salvation of the Gospel was needed "to emerge from a profound crisis, one which requires deep change, beginning with consciences"."

Conscience...

... not sure if the church is compatible with conscience.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8602644.stm

As usual though, remember actions speak louder than words.
A conscience would require them to take action against those who violate morality.
I seriously doubt they actually will.

But I do hope they prove me wrong.

Toss those disgusting pedophiles into the prisons they should to be in! For the safety of the children!
Those of you who've not seen Pat Condell's latest video need to do so asap.

http://www.patcondell.net/
Always fun to watch. Thanks.
He always says it so well - with absolutely no punches pulled.
I don't find them on his website and they aren't dated on YouTube. What is the title of the one that impresses you so much?
Apparently.

I actually had an argument to a similar effect once, we ended up agreeing that the logical thing to assume was that if an intelligent god existed, it's judgment wouldn't be based on subscription.

But that's for another discussion.
Considering the condition of most of humanity, if an intelligent all powerful, all knowing god exists then he's an uncaring, sadistic asshole.
The right wing christians are truly epic in their ability to twist reason into absurdity. If the lie is outrageous enough it almost seems believable (well, I guess saying the earth is only 6000 years old falls into that category).

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service