I was brought up in a strict christian household. In hind-sight I don't think it was a good thing to be told that if I don't believe I'll burn in an eternal pit of fire from as young as I can remember.  Please share your experience with religion and explain why it was bad, or maybe not that bad, and what pushed you to stop believing in it.

Views: 790

Replies to This Discussion

What happened to the non-hostile environment on atheist nexus? Did I miss something? Are these conversations about gay sex for real?

I care because dipping ones penis in sh_t is not something I or best of all, doctors would recommend!

Normal sex doesn't generally cause diseases, the diseases are there already for a number of reasons including no doubt one or more of their current or previous partner(s) having dipped their penis before in sh_t!

Anal sex with any one or anything is fraught with high disease potential and in my personal opinion only sickos do it, and doctors would probably agree that such perverness carries the risk of diseases caused by contact with diseased blood contaminated fecal matter/sh_t.

Oral sex with a penis that has been previously dipped in sh_t, again I wouldn't recommend.

This subject is related to the opinions of Atheists regarding homosexuality/anal sex!

By the way, ever hear of a little thing called a 'rubber'?  It takes care of all your medical objections and has been around for decades.  I've already said in another reply that I don't believe you're an atheist, or if you are you're a bigot and shouldn't be on this site which doesn't allow you to say the things you are saying.  You read the rules and agreed to them when you signed up but apparently you don't respect your own word, or don't care that you've given it to others.  Sad. 

Composer:  This discussion has degenerated to the toilet a little too deeply for my liking.  You stated your view and I mine.  Let's leave it at that.  We all see the world in different ways. 

The reason I defended gays against your nasty remark is that I feel they contributed greatly to humanity throughout history and continue to do so.  I honestly feel they don't deserve to be thought of as perverted or "sicko." 

In case you think I was avoiding answering you, I just think that "composing" lines like this: 

"to stick their dinkies in a receptacle that discharges..." 

is unworthy of response.  It's too juvenile. So please try to get your mind out of the toilet and perhaps we can have an intelligent discusssion.

Right. At first I thought the post was a joke and was disappointed to discover the conversation was serious. I am referring to the vulgarity.

Richard Goscicki 1 hour ago

Composer:  This discussion has degenerated to the toilet a little too deeply for my liking.  You stated your view and I mine.  Let's leave it at that.  We all see the world in different ways. 

Me: I am glad you acknowledge homosexuals ' have fun ' in literal toilets albe they living flesh ones! Let's leave it at that you say, ok, because you say so that must be that? (NOT!)

You: The reason I defended gays against your nasty remark is that I feel they contributed greatly to humanity throughout history and continue to do so. 

Me: My remarks were truthful so why do you degrade truth as being nasty?

I am certain humanity would survive a great deal better without them and their sick practices! Perhaps you could tell the children raped by paedophiles and homosexual priests for starters and see if they share your stupidity!

You: I honestly feel they don't deserve to be thought of as perverted or "sicko." 

Me: The facts disagree!

You: In case you think I was avoiding answering you, I just think that "composing" lines like this: "to stick their dinkies in a receptacle that discharges..." is unworthy of response. 

Me: How would you allegedly better explain it?

You: It's too juvenile. So please try to get your mind out of the toilet and perhaps we can have an intelligent discusssion.

Me: It is precisely because my mind isn't in the toilet and I am doing what I can to get others to think less about penetrating toilets with their tallywhackers, but conversely, YOURS IS and your comments support and encourage others spending even more time in human toilets/backsides, for fun I recall you said?

You: . . . . perhaps we can have an intelligent discusssion.

Me: You have the bizarre notion that opposing me that wishes to reduce anal sex and reduce diseases cause by it as opposed to YOU that encourages anal sex and associated diseases is you being ' intelligent? '.

Wake up and smell the coffee laddie! Your comments only incite deviant practices!

Quite so.  I just got mad about the "insane and sick" remark.  Nobody should be allowed to be so judgemental and go unchallenged. 

Richard Goscicki responded: Many states still have anti-sodomy laws which they define as any “unnatural” sex act. 

Composer responds: How often do you engage in anal intercourse?

1. With Males?

2. With Females?

3. Other?

4. Is anal intercourse with animals (sex just for fun you say) acceptable fun for you?

Are you so ashamed of yourself that you refuse to answer at all let alone honestly and continue this discussion?

I responded to your earlier comment and now I see the above.

So it's the same answer.  It's too beneath me to respond to.  Find somebody else to release your pent-up hostility and generalized moral condemnation. 

Ok run away in shame for not having the capacity to answer honestly or at all for being further exposed as your disgraceful comments deserve!

Next!

The discussion is "has religion done you any harm?", not "anal sex is wrong".  I don't know how you ended up with this line of discussion.  How old are you?  You sound like a younger person still working with Christian hang-ups.  Are you truly atheist?  Yours is all opinion with no evidence.

You say "probably most doctors" wouldn't approve of anal sex, "sexual diseases probably were caused by someone sticking their dingus in an anus". 

Come on!  You have no idea!  You're saying anything to support your opinion!  I can only think you are doing this as a joke to get people wound up, or you're actually a Christian trying to 'inform' people of the bible view of sex, or that you're simply a bigot. 

Cool it with the personal insults and pejoratives, or I'm not going to respond.  You know, my book deals with Richard Dawkins Selfish Gene theory and I can notice that you have conspicuous hawk (bully) genes.  I feel sorry for anyone that might find themselves under your control or authority—if you have any, which I doubt.

Consider your argumentation here:

"Perhaps you could tell the children raped by paedophiles and homosexual priests for starters and see if they share your stupidity!"

As far-fetched as the point is, you still find a way to interject a personal slur.  I could counterargue this assertion by stating that almost all of the atrocities and horrors of history and contemporarily have been committed by heterosexuals.  Jails are full of them.  So, by your logic, we should denounce and prohibit straight sex?  

With respect to the above, I believe that sexual repression has a lot more to do with causing the phenomenon than the mere fact that homosexuality exists—especially in the case of the priests.  

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service