When I first came to the Nexus I liked it, great place and many conversation threads were awesome and highly clever and relaxed with out too many logical fallacies ( fallacy differs from the word mistake in the way that a fallacy is with malicious intentions)
The science and Social and a few more threads I loved!
What worries me is the extreme hate and contempt I see many members have against Stupid fucks, Morons, Assholes Retards, Imbecill and Shitfaces that we usually calls the Christians/Religious.
I know that we are an exclusive forum for atheists only. But that doesnt mean just cos they arent here and cant defend themselves mean we cant respect them and quit for example name calling that we kind of had to stop in 3rd grade when the teacher told us it is not good to call people bad names. Remember why? Because namecalling is a fallacy and horrible. Usually name calling points out lacks of debating intelligence or a sinister debating trick to win asskisses from friends. The hate I sense in the Nexus is as repulsive as any hate I see in war. Same same ole crap.
This forum can be the tool, the help and the positive inspiration that actually could catalyst people i to great actions of reinventing one self, to investigate with the most open and honesty about one self.

Instead I see many individuals here trapped in hatred, that refuses to let the golden rule include all people but instead the golden rule is obviously only for friends and family. Anyone not thinking like me deserves disrespect and preferably a smack in their faces.
Great! I cant wait to beat and insult my mother who is borderlining to like superstitious things. We are building quite a strong foundation to start a war. Fear, hate and guns we have allready!

Mocking, degrading and spitting on religious people here is for sure hurting and upsetting many, evento the absurd grade that even own members starts to feel the bad taste of constantly being focused on such inhuman values.

Cmon and reinvent yourself, be the best you can be, fair, balanced like the fair and balanced news we never see, we hate Faux News for their angled and twisted approach but it is so interesting to see us imitate them so well in our own behaviour. Balanced and fair is Ethics which I value highly but many times fail to uphold.
But not trying is a form of lying and one can never reach truths with lies or twisted truths.

I understand the ventilating needs but this is just to much, like a KKK forum on Afro Americans ( I wouldnt dare saying the N word since that is as repulsive as constantly calling Christians Stupids.)

I have lost the taste I had for Atheist Nexus and wont hang out here so much, Im kind of sensitive to elitism and hate. Creeps me
I just wanted to let you know how I saw this since I dont see anyone else reflecting on this, which might mean that the Nexus is a very "tight" group. We have problem with this in a swedish atheist and science forum, the forum looses members now because who In his right mind wants to help sharing a message of hate?

Is this the truth you would like to present yourself as:?

Hi, Im Andy, Im an atheist and I just wish to bash the heads of all believing in supernatural stuff, I am member of Atheist Nexus, a great forum were we talk about athism, science, social issues and many great topic such as How stupid Christians are, What is the most stupiest thing Christians have said, How christians are idiots, How to attack a christian and how to make Christians go to Jail;)

This smells doesnt it? So can we rise above ourselves or has it come to the point were we Like to be Narrow minded, patronising and spitting on superstitious people that we even eger defend that Right of Freedom to say what we want? Like a troll? Everytime you spit, you spit in the face of your own nobleness/nobility!
( mi englis haz suxs)

With humble regards
andy

Views: 86

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

well they do take pot shots at their imaginary friend very personally, but as far as I'm concerned, the non existent have no rights, and deserve no respect.

"No-one deserves to be treated like an idiot"

(ergo god deserves to be treated like an idiot)
Why should I show tolerance towards those that have little or no tolerance towards me? It's not just Christians we talk about, either. I've seen a lot of posts about Muslims. Granted, these are both Abrahamic religions, but those are the religions that go around preaching. When's the last time you had a Hindu knock on your door? I don't ever name call without ample evidence to back up my claims. When I say moron, I am almost 100% sure that they are within that range of IQ. The hate I have is not for most of the people, as most Christians are generally good-natured people, but instead to that which they have been bred to believe. I hate Christianity and what it has done to people and free thought.
This gibberish is starting to happen in waves. First there's a wave of agnostics wanting to inform every body how much smarter than atheists they are because, good Socrates fanboy/girls that they are, they're clever enough to be ignorant. Now there's a wave of "tolerance" hooey. If I didn't know better I would assume this clown is just another theist troll - they love trying to stir up this tolerance crud for whatever guerrilla evangelism secret mission they're on.

Anders, you make about as much sense in this post as a gibbering theist. Poor english is not an excuse - we have plenty of middle eastern folks here with english worse than yours and they are quite coherent. So you can either point out specifically what our shortcomings are in your infinite wisdom, or you can do the free will thing and fuck off. I really don't care about these show-pony displays of narcissistic superiority. You're not the first and you won't be the last. You should really try and find someone who cares.

And for the record - tolerance and respect are things you earn. They're not a freebie.
At least you're honest, lol.
People and ideas are different things. There are lots of people I like who are religious and I care for them and respect for them. However, ideas don't deserve automatic respect, and I even debate with some of the religious people I know. And no, I'm not about to tear someone's world apart (for example: someone I know whose brother died gets comfort by thinking he's still "with her"--let her have that.) Criticizing an idea is not the same as saying "you, sir, are a stupid fuck". You seem to be saying we should respect an idea that hasn't earned respect. You also come off as more angry, hateful, and intolerant than most of the people I've seen here.
There is a difference between tolerating religious beliefs and behaviors and then being openly hostile to the people themselves. There is no reason to accept nonsense or hatred or exploitation, even if cloaked in a priest's frock or whatever. But fighting fire with fire, or responding in kind to hateful and antagonistic attacks from the religious, is another story. It is all a question of how you choose to respond. There is no right or wrong way; trying to argue that there is would be trying to make a generalization on your personal opinion. The ultimate focus of any interaction should be the final outcome and the goal--which I hope is an opening up of a believer's mind to fact, beyond their specific ideological myopia. Then let the ends justify the means.
See, this is just sickening...signs with aborted, bloody fetuses. This is more about methods than about the cause behind it. It reminds me of extreme animals rights activists. Being someone who cares about animal rights, it still pains me when people display pictures of slaughterhouses and so forth and go out throwing red paint on people. Similarly, I would feel very sad if an atheist/non-theist group went out with posters of priests molesting children or something. It is not a way to engage in dialogue or invite anyone to have a conversation. It is just a way to offend, bludgeon, and have your time in the spotlight....it is more about screaming louder than anyone else, even if that means not being heard at all. How sad.
I've never heard of the paint throwers tossing paint onto anyone who could beat them into a bloody pulp. I'd have more respect if they'd go after bikers wearing leather than old women in fur.
Anders Nilson wrote: "What worries me is the extreme hate and contempt I see many members have against Stupid fucks, Morons, Assholes Retards, Imbecill and Shitfaces that we usually calls the Christians/Religious."

UH...................................!
I'm right there with you Rusty - can you spell I-r-o-n-y? Please let this be satire, right?
Hi again, I wrote in a harsh way cos I wanted some reactions, and it worked. When it comes to some of the comments back there is some who got what I tried to say but some not. The fetus analogy was enriching to hear about. We dont see that in Sweden, but even if he had eaten the fetuses it still not validation to call all of superstitious people retards or scum of the earth. I bet you dont spit your mommas face if she was believing there are supernatural entities. I also never said anything about the religions/superstitions them selves but I spoke only about the people. Most religious people are nice and I have many religious friends. No problem. But I would not degrade them like if they were worst than the devil himself. It is sad if all superstitious people will be categorically described as horrible murdering raping monsters Cos that is simply lying. Now you can call me narcistic or what ever. All I want is truth, if we lie and twist everything to completely black and white, christians are all fucks and we are all smarter just because we arent christians, then I think both sides will fight the great eternal war. I just wanted to stand up againsr what I thnk is not fair and sometimes I take the side of the one who isnt here to defend themselves. This time it was cos I felt it was unfair with such rough descrptions to caracterize 1-2 billion christians. Isnt there a single person out there who has faith in something unproven that isnt a fuckturd?;)
hm - i think some aggression is part of the deal here, much of the worst is found between atheists who disagree on something. Particularly given that many people are incapable of debating properly anyway, as that involves reading other people's posts carefully, or engaging with what they say...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service