When I first came to the Nexus I liked it, great place and many conversation threads were awesome and highly clever and relaxed with out too many logical fallacies ( fallacy differs from the word mistake in the way that a fallacy is with malicious intentions)
The science and Social and a few more threads I loved!
What worries me is the extreme hate and contempt I see many members have against Stupid fucks, Morons, Assholes Retards, Imbecill and Shitfaces that we usually calls the Christians/Religious.
I know that we are an exclusive forum for atheists only. But that doesnt mean just cos they arent here and cant defend themselves mean we cant respect them and quit for example name calling that we kind of had to stop in 3rd grade when the teacher told us it is not good to call people bad names. Remember why? Because namecalling is a fallacy and horrible. Usually name calling points out lacks of debating intelligence or a sinister debating trick to win asskisses from friends. The hate I sense in the Nexus is as repulsive as any hate I see in war. Same same ole crap.
This forum can be the tool, the help and the positive inspiration that actually could catalyst people i to great actions of reinventing one self, to investigate with the most open and honesty about one self.

Instead I see many individuals here trapped in hatred, that refuses to let the golden rule include all people but instead the golden rule is obviously only for friends and family. Anyone not thinking like me deserves disrespect and preferably a smack in their faces.
Great! I cant wait to beat and insult my mother who is borderlining to like superstitious things. We are building quite a strong foundation to start a war. Fear, hate and guns we have allready!

Mocking, degrading and spitting on religious people here is for sure hurting and upsetting many, evento the absurd grade that even own members starts to feel the bad taste of constantly being focused on such inhuman values.

Cmon and reinvent yourself, be the best you can be, fair, balanced like the fair and balanced news we never see, we hate Faux News for their angled and twisted approach but it is so interesting to see us imitate them so well in our own behaviour. Balanced and fair is Ethics which I value highly but many times fail to uphold.
But not trying is a form of lying and one can never reach truths with lies or twisted truths.

I understand the ventilating needs but this is just to much, like a KKK forum on Afro Americans ( I wouldnt dare saying the N word since that is as repulsive as constantly calling Christians Stupids.)

I have lost the taste I had for Atheist Nexus and wont hang out here so much, Im kind of sensitive to elitism and hate. Creeps me
I just wanted to let you know how I saw this since I dont see anyone else reflecting on this, which might mean that the Nexus is a very "tight" group. We have problem with this in a swedish atheist and science forum, the forum looses members now because who In his right mind wants to help sharing a message of hate?

Is this the truth you would like to present yourself as:?

Hi, Im Andy, Im an atheist and I just wish to bash the heads of all believing in supernatural stuff, I am member of Atheist Nexus, a great forum were we talk about athism, science, social issues and many great topic such as How stupid Christians are, What is the most stupiest thing Christians have said, How christians are idiots, How to attack a christian and how to make Christians go to Jail;)

This smells doesnt it? So can we rise above ourselves or has it come to the point were we Like to be Narrow minded, patronising and spitting on superstitious people that we even eger defend that Right of Freedom to say what we want? Like a troll? Everytime you spit, you spit in the face of your own nobleness/nobility!
( mi englis haz suxs)

With humble regards
andy

Views: 88

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think I agree with John D that Anders really doesn't 'get' where some of the negativity is spawned over here in the US and what drives people to vent. Sweden is like 80-90% atheists, although under invasion by muslims. Wait until they start wanting to have Koran verses read to your kids in school over there. And wait until you have to suffer the default assumption of religious belief from everyone around you that you should pray at public events, say grace at public dinners etc. Then let's see what happens to your magnanimity. And I'm sorry, I'm not a mean person, but I lose a significant modicum of respect for anyone willing to obey blind faith. It requires an abdication of intellect. I come over here to say all the things I really think about these people and cannot say to their faces.
There is no Texas Board of Education in Sweden. I wonder how the secular Swedes would respond if the second largest jurisdiction in their nation were to mandate that science (almost) and history be adulterated in millions of text books to suit Board member world views are significantly informed by mythology, the supernatural, and just plain factual error?

Are the Swedes trying to cope with what could be a significant sabotage of already declining standards of public education for their kids?

Sometimes events and circumstances are so extreme, that the failure of a caustic and strident response is wildly irrational.
I agree. I don't like playing the same old games religious like to play part in.
@Anders

This is a public forum of ordinary people who are also atheists.

Atheism is only a disbelief in god(s)

I've spent a lot of time on a atheist and skeptic forums over the last couple of years. I have never seen any human qualities, positive or negative which may be directly attributed to a person's status as an atheist. I do not conflate correlation and causation

I very much doubt your unfounded expectations and judgmentalism are directly connected to your atheism.
when there's money involved; like tax dollars going towards already tax exempt on the real estate(s)..
shit goes pair shaped.

this is what's called the backlash to faith-based initiatives

initiate your god(s)? quite silly. waste of time too. Like I've said lately "religion, the mother of all convenience" or inconvenience if you wanna go there; back to high school where church was mandatory to a biology enthused atheist...
Tolerance. And more tolerance. Last week it was a flood of agnostics calling us stupid. All of this typhos has the air of patronising scolding, like we're being berated for being naughty children. It's presumptious and it's arrogant. Matthew 7:3-5.

Anders: Hi again, I wrote in a harsh way cos I wanted some reactions, and it worked.

Well aren't you clever.

Most religious people are nice

So was Hitler. He liked children, animals and was a vegetarian (maybe part only, reports vary).

I bet you dont spit your mommas face if she was believing there are supernatural entities.

Reductio ad absurdum. Cheap.

Isnt there a single person out there who has faith in something unproven that isnt a fuckturd?;)

I am not even going to attempt to decipher that sentence. It stands out like a beacon of gibberish amidst the rest of the incomprehensible gibberish. As near as I can make it, you want some kind of equal rights for the stupid - that we should all be nice to them so the world can be a better place. To repeat from another thread - I suppose you also think everyone is entitled to their opinion? I found a very succinct Harlan Ellison quote on the matter just recently -

Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks.

This sense of "entitlement" - that we should respect everybody, no matter how stupid or toxic their beliefs are - is the hallmark of 21st century humanism. I find it nauseating and I think it's a safe bet that the enlightenment humanist founders would too. This is a sense of misguided egalitarianism that confuses "fairness" with "equality". Enlightment humanism understands the need for fairness, but it also realises that "equality" is a naive delusion. Theists are not my equal and never will be. "Humanism" used to equate to "free-thinker" - but as you demonstrate, this is no longer a requirement. Theists are not free-thinkers. They deliberately cauterise their cognitive processing to prevent dissonance arising from their delusion. They are broken units. They are only partially functional beings. I will respect theists in the same way I respect the other intellectually disabled. But I will never respect them as equals because they're not.
Agreed. Fuck the fellow atheist. There's no such thing.
The extent to which I want to "unite" with my "fellow atheists" is that of this site: a social networking site for non-theists, where we can talk about subjects (like politics and ethics) without the realisation that the guy you're talking to is watching everything through the lens of a belief system you don't share.
But being on this site doesn't mean I'm under the illusion that my conversation partner is automatically rational. Or is a friend. Or a brother in arms. Not at all.

I don't adhere to any "strategy against religion" or have any time for what "the atheist strategy should be". We all have our own personalities, characters, and a plethora of beliefs without the atheism bit.
But being on this site doesn't mean I'm under the illusion that my conversation partner is automatically rational. Or is a friend. Or a brother in arms. Not at all.

Yup. Atheist and stupid are not mutually exclusive.

You'll find no shortage of atheist "concerned citizens" here to tell you how you should lead your life down to the minutest detail. In fact, if you ignore the god stuff, you have a bunch of very proper Calvinists.
Wonderfully and well stated, Talia. Atheism with a capital "A" can be as much a dogma as any monotheistic religion. Even worse, if you tear down all notions of a God whom you must serve and conform yourself to, but replace that lawgiver in the sky with your own Ego, then personally I feel you have not gained a single bloody thing.
I whole-heartedly agree.
One of the reasons why I like to come here is to be able to vent and share my feelings about my contempt for religion. I feel pretty much what GJ O'C does in this area. Now if someone is saying "Believers should be shipped off in cattle cars to concentration camps for systematic extermination," then yes we have a problem with that. However we're talking about fighting back to maintain our rights in a society that is supposed to be secular and open to all, but whose majority thinks we don't because we don't share their beliefs. I'm all for an inclusive and accepting society, but the problem is that we don't have one, and part of the exclusion is us.
I took time to read this post twice, and the responses, all of them. I wanted to provide a reasoned comment of my own. I don't think I can.

The post is either naive, evidence of a sheltered life, or disingenuous, or trollshit. I can't imagine this this is someone who lives on the same planet that I do and responding with an analysis of reality.

As for Nexus being "elitist", just post a discussion about IQ or intelligence, and watch the hoards descend on you like the Visigoths on Rome. That this is an elitist website is as ridiculous as anything I have read.

I sometimes get pissed off at a lot of what is said on Nexus, but the idea that calling religion, and the religious, what they really are, is wrong, makes be suspect trolldom and manipulation. "I have lost the taste I had for Atheist Nexus and wont hang out here so much, Im kind of sensitive to elitism and hate. Creeps me". This tempts me to say, "good, go away then." Stating that this was posted in order to get a reaction, make me double my disdain.

A reasoned post calling for tolerance of religion and the religious, might make for a reasoned response. This post was not reasoned, and deserves the responses that it got.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service