Has Anyone Ever Told You They Heard God Speak To Them? I Wonder What He/She Sounded Like?

I know that people can be delusional about hearing voices, which usually lands anyone not speaking to a socially acceptable imaginary friend in an institution. But I always want to ask what GOD sounds like to these believers. Has anyone ever asked this question? What kind of responses have you gotten? I have yet to hear any voices, but think that some voices could be better God voices than others. What do you think?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do hope if I ever become schizophrenic, that God sounds to me like Morgan Freeman. :3

I don't know that anyone's thought to ask a schizophrenic that. >.> If I ever get one once I'm licensed to practice, I'll try to remember to ask.

I found one the other day on the metro rail. But he was ranting and raving about how someone was an *n-word* and was being rather offensive. So no one wanted to approach him. Go figure it was a day without an officer riding.
I think I'd find it very comforting if right at the first moments of a complete break with reality, just before I hallucinate that first miracle I'd ever witness, to hear a cheerful familiar voice say:

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat."
Oooh, or the guy who does the voice over for Dr. Tran. That would never get old either.

Ok I'm done.
"But that trick NEVER WORKS!"
It's been described to me as a soothing, deep male voice.

Occasionally I've thought that I heard someone call my name - or that my doorbell rang. The audible hallucination is real enough that I look for someone and check the door to verify if it was just my imagination. But hearing "god" speak? Should that ever happen I'll be sure to 1) check for pranks then 2) visit a doctor.
God always sounded kind of whiney and repetitive to me. Easy to drown out with my iPod.
bahahahaha. sorry that just made me burst out laughing.

hear hear on the Morgan Freeman voice though.
Yes. He had a deep voice and told me I needed a new fly rod. He sounded like Jackie Gleason.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Darren Taggart posted a video

Ken Comfort on Internet Humour

Dealing with so-called Internet Online "Humour" from misinformed atheists.
16 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
25 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post Things That Make You Go Hmmm . . . (Humor)
31 minutes ago
Profile IconBradley Prickett, Relaxed Atheist and anneshathaways joined Atheist Nexus
43 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion Children Exposed To Religion Have Difficulty Distinguishing Fact From Fiction, Study Finds in the group Atheist News
57 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Joan Denoo's discussion How Creationists in Texas Are Pressuring Schoolbook Publishers to Bring God into Biology
58 minutes ago
Joe added 3 discussions to the group Atheist News
1 hour ago
Rick Springfield replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked WayneO's blog post And the Evening and the Morning Were the Fourth Day
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked Donald R Barbera's blog post Nipples, Nipples, Nipples
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service