I feel like there are too many social pressures to meet most of the expectations driven by popular culture... besides, my lousy job and other factors make it nearly impossible to find, much less maintain, any meaningful relationships.

Anybody else find themselves in the same situation, or am I the only ape here left grooming themselves in the corner?

Views: 230

Replies to This Discussion

Meh I can hardly give up. I'm still young and have a lifetime to find the one I want to be with. Sure I've had my personal nitemares... but like I'd let the bad eggs ruin my search for the good egg.

Just sometimes it's better to take a breather and get back in race than admit defeat and give up.
Besides, women are just too much fun.
this is a joke right?
I sure as hell hope so...

Hey, women are fun most of the time, which is probably what they think of men.  A friend sent me this recently:

His and her diary entries:

Her Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn’t flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn’t say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, ‘Nothing.’ I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn’t upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can’t explain his behavior I don’t know why he didn’t say, ‘I love you, too.’ When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. To my surprise, he responded to my caress, and we made love. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep – I cried. I don’t know what to do. I’m almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

His Diary:

Vette wouldn’t start today.... can’t figure it out, but at least I got laid.

"I feel that my good qualities are not appretiated by women. Many women automatically dismiss me because I do not have social status according to societies standards, the looks, a career, not owning a home, and not having finished my undergraduate studies yet.

I am going to focus on weightlifting and martial arts when I finish school.

Since no woman is romantically interested in me, the only thing women seem to be good for is a friend or a fuck."

Sounds like you're the one who has written women off as shallow, greedy whores. Maybe if you stopped stereotyping women and trying to impress them by working out, you should open your mind and learn to treat people with the respect they deserve.

"Except me as is or piss off!"

You also might learn to speak English if you want to keep making moronically arrogant exclamations through use of it.
I am sure you are a nice guy, but your statements may be read in an less than glowing light. Things like ......

'Since no woman is romantically interested in me, the only thing women seem to be good for is a friend or a fuck." That does not seem dick-ish to you?

Most normal women are not caught up in social status, looks or homes. Of course they would like some ambition, for you to get an education, to improve yourself. Is owning a home completely out of the realm of possibility?
I mean if you are an atheist and are looking for a like minded person, I don't think saying,,,
'Career and education are not important to me.'
Atheist women are usually educated and thinkers, at the least they are interested in gaining knowledge or being informed, and probably enjoy interesting conversations or activities......why would they be attracted to a person making that statement?

maybe what you said does not represent you as a the person you see yourself as......
that's why i thought it was a joke.

good luck
@Nick, it sounds like you might want to learn how to read English because I have no idea how you came to such ridiculous inacurrate conclusions about me.

He is referring to your tag line:

"Except me as is or piss off!"

Perhaps you intended to replace "Accept" with "Except" as an intentional play on words as the rest of your post seems to be thumbing your nose at the romantic world. "Reject/exclude/write me off (Except me) as is..."

But as irony and sarcasm in written forums often need far more obviousness or qualifiers, it looks more like you don't know the difference between the words "Accept" and "Except."
So, you live in your mother's basement...
I would probably say all the same things for myself, except that instead of weightlifting and martial arts, I am focusing on getting a master of library science degree so I will not continue to be a grocery store clerk for the rest of my life, so I will make more money than I do now.

As for housing, as long as I live alone, away from my parents, I would rather live in a cheap one room apartment than in a house where I have to worry about landscaping and lawn maintenance and property taxes and home repairs. Owning a home does not necessarily make a person have a higher status than someone who merely rents something.
I agree. There is definitely nothing wrong with renting as opposed to owning a home or visa-versa. I would say anyone who judges you based on this is shallow and not worth your time anyway.
Since no woman is romantically interested in me, the only thing women seem to be good for is a friend or a fuck.

This makes me sad. Just because you haven't met the right one yet doesn't mean you should give up. I'm also confused by your aspirations. Couldn't you find a way to make those into a job? Personal trainer maybe?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service