I feel like there are too many social pressures to meet most of the expectations driven by popular culture... besides, my lousy job and other factors make it nearly impossible to find, much less maintain, any meaningful relationships.

Anybody else find themselves in the same situation, or am I the only ape here left grooming themselves in the corner?

Views: 240

Replies to This Discussion

I find some REAL truth to what you are saying John :)  I have been married (several times) and ya know, I'm not sure that whole being butt crazy in love thing is for me.  I'm not really interested in becoming a hoe at age 41, not that after enjoying free thinking so much for a good long while now, that just mere sex would be enough to hold my interest....but I am NOT opposed to fun.  I'm quite liking the experience of people.  Getting into their head, culture, and if I still like what I see, and feel like it would be a good experience....GAME ON ;)
Thanks for that Kels, but I wanna make sure that everyone understands my larger point. The "get laid" line may be slightly misleading. The more important point is to not stop living. As long as you have breath in your lungs and warm blood coursing through your veins, live life to the fullest! Represent yourself as a human being, a freethinker, and whateva else you wish to represent. But do it with passion! Sexual passion if you choose, like the good Dr. Kellie (above), but with fervor, puropse and conviction. That's the kind of passion that helps you stay young..
I hear you partner, but a word of advice; Be bold, shake things up and focus a little less on the destination and a little more on the ride. And for goodness sakes, pick up that towel!!
No worries... I decided it was laundry day a few months ago :)

I honestly would like to be in a steady relationship with an intelligent, atheist female. Seeing that i have never in my 28 yrs. of life have ever had a girlfriend and do not expect to ever know what it feels like to share my life/love with another human being. Women have never showed any interest in me, besides for the occasional hello. I know i am not ugly, dumb, or crazy, and I don't even drink alcohol . I suppose this is the way life will continue to be for me till i cease to exist, I have come to terms with this inconvenient truth.

so this naked ape knows exactly the situation your are in.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Dustin.  Do you get out much?
where i live there is only bars, and churches, and well i do not drink or believe in a god. I do go to the library 2x's a month, and i go on long walks/jogs around town, i also go on long bike rides around 10 miles a day unless it is raining. i don't know any one where i live.

Wow, yeah, that's kind of the middle of freaking nowhere.  I just pulled up your town on Google Maps.  You should try moving to a larger city or something.  Do you work for one of the universities or something, that it's difficult for you to move?

Heck, try the university students.  They're likely to be less religious than the others in the area.

Dude, take a weekend trip to Montreal. Get a room with a view downtown and kick it a lil bit. Go to a cafe, go to a movie, go to dinner; ya know be friendly and meet some folks. I've been there many times. French Canadians are cool and there are many freethinkers living there. No more excuses..

I just hooked up with an old (maybe 10 years ago) fling that was religious, but is now an atheist.  She seems willing to have an ongoing sexual relationship without all the trappings of a traditional "girlfriend" situation.  I'm beside myself.

Sweet!
Totally sweet:)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service