I feel like there are too many social pressures to meet most of the expectations driven by popular culture... besides, my lousy job and other factors make it nearly impossible to find, much less maintain, any meaningful relationships.

Anybody else find themselves in the same situation, or am I the only ape here left grooming themselves in the corner?

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

No. Not yet, and not really ever. This isn't something I need. It's something I want, and my really huge string of spectacular failures shouldn't deter me from this.
Its been like grabbing a fist full of wind for me...
It's like escaping from jail via the sewer: You've got to go through a lot of shit before you get where you're going.
"It's like escaping from jail via the sewer: You've got to go through a lot of shit before you get where you're going."

Just one of the many brilliant scenes in Raising Arizona. Of course, at the end of the film, the escapees return to prison the same way. Not sure they really thought that thru. And I have no idea what it means in terms of your metaphor. A messy divorce, maybe?
I was thinking "Shawshank Redemption"...
Wow, I so need to pop in that DVD again.  That movie's going to be one of the ones they look back at, in 30 or 40 years, how we look back at Casablanca now.
You can probably catch it right now on the Shawshank Redemption channel . . . .

???

Hallmark?  W.E.?  Not sure which channel you mean.  Anyway, don't they edit the hell out of it?

Is joke.  For a couple of years, it seemed to be on about eight times per week.
Ah.  Probably had something to do with all of the awards it won, and the fact that it's one of the most beautiful movies ever made.
It was filmed at the Mansfield State Prison, about an hour's drive from my house.
http://www.mrps.org/
Every October they put on a haunted house inside the old prison, and I took my daughter to it once. The haunted house players were a little cheesy, but being inside the building was enough to creep one out.

LOLinmyhead...

and then finally after so many wrecks.. perhaps...

the patience and wisdom gained makes for better more enjoyable life w/another or others...

onward.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service