I feel like there are too many social pressures to meet most of the expectations driven by popular culture... besides, my lousy job and other factors make it nearly impossible to find, much less maintain, any meaningful relationships.

Anybody else find themselves in the same situation, or am I the only ape here left grooming themselves in the corner?

Views: 233

Replies to This Discussion

bible belt here tooo.... and turning 63 this summer... and don't look my age... not much hope here either.... not about to spend weekends with a 'grandma' and kids everywhere on weekends for 'cookies'... so don't think there are many 'active-outdoors-athiest' senior 'available' ladies out there that have 'never smoked'...  lol

wow 63 huh?

*raising towel in upright throwing position*

Duan, I find the same issue with brothers.  Most, anyway.   Crispy (code word for Christian) as all get out!  And the women, forget about itl...they ar extra crispy (Black women). 

I'm a white male atheist in the bible belt who teaches at an historically black university.  It seems that everyone I meet has been raised in the church, which has caused their brains to short circuit.

It's pretty frustrating I got a response to an e-mail that I sent on POF and it read "Had me till I read you didn't want kids"

Damn! She probably wouldn't agreed with me being an atheist either but I didn't even have the chance after the no kid thing!  

is the title of this suggesting masturbation?

Well, in that case I'm dating someone ... and I regularly throw in the towel.

... you sick little monkey.

I thought we were talking about throwing the towel in, not throwing it away . . . .
i have been alone for so damn long that i am beyond even looking at women or talking to them because i know i don't have a chance as i said before where i live all their is bars and churches and i don't drink or believe in a god. when i am done work i come home and read a book, play xbox360, or watch netflix.  when people say to me "it gets better"  They are full of shit, and need to shut up.
Aren't there two universities right there?  Go chase down a college chick or something.  Hang out in a coffee shop that college students tend to frequent.  More educated people tend to be more moderate in their religion, and you might even find a few agnostics or atheists.
yhea there is two universities here. i tried going to a coffee shop but the owners of the coffee shop are Christians that hold bible studies in there coffee shop.  the last time i spoke to a college student they told me they thought the earth was 6 thousand  years old.

So ask more girls out.  Meeting potential dates in person, you're going to find that 75% or 90% of the people are completely incompatible, once you start discussing personality details.

You work from opposite directions, online and in person.  Online, you can sort for compatibility, then get together in person and find that you have zero chemistry.  In person, you sort for chemistry, then find out about compatibility afterwards.

Given the small percentage of the population that any of us would be compatible with, online services can be advantageous.  But, when you're out in the sticks, you're going to have fewer people from within your area in online forums.  Just get used to it not working out, and go talk to the next cute girl.

Try looking on the public bulletin boards around the campuses.  There are many events sponsored around specific activities which may attract more of the non-religious types.  Look into those.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service