Happy New Year 2014 to All of My Athiest Nexus Friends!

We never know what the new year will bring! Here's to a happy healthy prosperous well fed, enjoyable New Year to all of you!

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sentient! I'll join the chorus; have a wonderful 2014!

Same to you Daniel.  Thanks for contributing your wonderful personality and insight to this community. 

I wish the same for you Daniel.  I'm very happy to have become friends with you on AN.~ Mindy

Thanks, Sentient Biped. I'm a bit down as the climate news isn't great.

Ruth, it's supposed to be a high of 5 below zero, and a low of 19 below (Farenheit) with a wind-chill of 40 below here in Northern Illinois.  My husband works mostly outside. 

Mindy, NOW I remember why I left Illinois!  I hope your husband is well bundled up, with handwarmers and thick socks!  And he has a nice cup of hot choolate waiting for him when he gets home!

I remember once when I lived in Chicago, I had to take the EL to work.  It stopped in the loop during a big blizzard.  I was stuck there for several hours.  The restrooms were closed.  Stores & restaurants were closed.  I had a big cup of coffee before getting on the train......  I had to find a discrete alley to take care of my problem.  A security guard caught me and I had to run off.  Ah the memories! 

It was colder and windier when I lived in Champaign.  I had a motorcycle at the time.  One time it was so cold, when I got home I couldn't warm up.  I filled the bathtub with hot water and got in, shivered for hours.

Im not that tough any more. 

Good stories Daniel!  I was born in Champaign-Urbana at Mercy Hospital.  Now people call it Urbana-Champaign!  We lived in Rantoul, but no hospital there.  I think Mercy hospital isn't there anymore, or isn't called that.  It was a catholic hospital.  My Mom's relatives are jewish, and my Mom is an Atheist, lol.  The nurses were nuns! :)

My daughter was in downtown Chicago last night for New Years Eve.  She's only 21 though, so I guess it's fun at that age!

Here's the same to you Daniel.  I raise my glass of sparkling cider to you.

Happy New Year Daniel.  

A Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Prosperous New Year to you also, Daniel.

Back atcha, SB!  A Healthy, Happy and SAFE 2014 to all at Atheist Nexus!

Thanks to everyone here! You keep me going. I don't know what I would do if not for you!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service