On Thursday I helped build a habitat house around where I work.  I met the girl who will be moving into the house with her husband and little daughter.  I also saw a lot of good people working hard to do it right.  They had a prayer at the first break and a prayer at lunch and everyone kept telling the girl she was blessed.  I never did see god.  The only people I saw building that house were regular people like you and me.  Why would god let a heathen like me help "one of his flock"?  Those bastards stole our word too - humanity!

Tags: blessed, flock, god, habitat, humanity, prayer

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Funny how Jesus never shows up for anything that people do in his name. Oh, well, at least they are doing a lot of good for others.
Ever so briefly I thought about standing up and walking away a little ways from the prayer but the fact that they would look confused and the look of  "disbelief" that would ensue stopped me.  Call me a pansy...

Passing gas. Silent, yet poignant. :)

Of course, if it smells like rotten eggs, they might claim it's a demon.

I am amused by this.
Imagine the hilarity if you had gone off a little ways and knelt on your hands and knees, bowing with your forehead on the ground to pray to Allah!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service