How ironic is it that a man who works at a gun range is shot, and killed, by a nine year old? The man was teaching her to shoot an uzi. I know many people won't like this but I find a kind of poetic justice in it. Put a fully loaded sub machine gun in the hands of a child and what do you expect? Children shouldn't handle guns. Period. The parents, state or firing range should be held responsible for the trauma done to the nine year old girl involved.

Tags: Children, Death., and, guns., machine, sub

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really, parents who give their child a loaded Uzi with safety turned off.... I wont say it.

I don't think there are such things as gun accidents. Usually, ignorance, carelessness, immaturity, anger, fear, grief, mental incapacity, or a kidnapped amygdala may be the real cause. In any event, these are not excuses, "accidents" cause injuries and deaths.

In this case, the nine year old girl is a victim of bad judgment by her parents and the instructor. They should be held accountable ... well, the instructor already got his, now it is the parent's turn.

A nine year old mind may not be mature enough to handle all the feelings, thoughts, experiences and challenges confronting them. Some are caught between the "let's pretend" and the reality of events. Some are not physically capable of controlling a weapon. 

I wouldn't trust my nine year old to be physically able to handle an uzi, or any gun, especially a repeating gun, that had a kick to it. 

What to Expect of Your Nine-Year-Old

Total ignorance on the part of the whole damned bunch. And a horrible thing to do to a child. Bet they're all religious. Ignorance, religion and guns seems to go together.

AMEN ! er.....ummm. I mean... "Carry on, Bro!"

I think my dad taught me to shoot a 22 at that age or younger.  Fortunately I didn't shoot anyone.  I don't remember that well, I have kind of a block for things that far back.   An Uzi?  I was / am a klutz.  I probably would have killed someone.

My amygdala has had its issues.  Fortunately, as it's gotten older it's slowed down.

If the instructor has not already reproduced, he should be nominated for a Darwin award.

Along with this guy in Mexico, who accidentally shot himself dead while shooting a selfie.  Is that a selfshootie?

I read about that shooting on the Internet. Teaching a 9 year old child to shoot an Uzi. I agree with every word you are saying here k.h.  ky. These people should all be ashamed. Now the parents want to hold the firing range responsible for trama done to the child. Did the fring range encourage this practice with a machine gun, or was it the parents? Who was it that decided a child should learn to shoot this weapon? Any way you look at it, the parents had to agree or it would never have happened.

Now that I'm taking my estranged wife back to the city again Saturday for another hair appointment, my fundy christian friend asks if I'm taking a gun. Do I have my concealed/carry yet? NO. He doesn't understand because we will be 3 miles from Ferguson. I'm not worried. Ferguson police have done enough shooting.

Typical of the parents. Denying their own responsibility and ready to lay the blame at someone else's feet. That could be the worst part of it.
If you're stupid enough to hand your nine year old a fucking uzi own up. Take responsibility. YOU took her to a gun range. YOU allowed this to happen. Had it not been for the parents actions this little girl wouldn't be living with this.
Exactly.

Reuters headline: Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl.

Fucking duh!

Well ain't that just f^&king special!

Violence begets more violence. It always has, and it always will.

You will find that claim hard to support, Deidre. Violence begets violence until enough people tire of it or until its costs exceed its benefits.

Either result, by forcing communication, can advance democracy...until people choose as their political leaders those who again seek benefits regardless of costs.

In 1945 the militarists who ruled Japan were counting on Americans to tire of the violence had we, instead of dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, invaded. The result of our tiring would have been a negotiated settlement that would have left their Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere (think Nazism's 1000-Year Reich or Communism's Dictatorship of the Proletariat) largely intact. 

In the 1770s the British found the rebels' violence in their colonies in America was costing more than they wanted to continue paying. You know the result.

The young girl at the firing range?

The people who had reached physical adulthood had not reached mental adulthood. Their beliefs had stunted their growth.

Deidre, I find it helpful to remember that our ancestors were pond scum and the stronger pond scum ate the weaker pond scum. In several billions of years, the surviving weaker pond scum devised a way to keep from being eaten: democracy. It's still a work in progress.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service