Hi:

Introductions is the forum topic, so who am I?

I am a radical feminist, anti-imperialist, atheist. I am also a retired engineer. I have always been a non-apologetic, outspoken atheist; at least as far back as I can remember. 

I had a successful career with two International airlines, a major investment bank, and have been on the faculty of a major university. I am also a combat veteran of the Vietnam conflict. I have traveled the world by air and by sea. 

I live alone with my two cats Ethel and Lucy (sisters). My hobbies include photography, electronics, and computers. 

I have no tollerance for ignorance (especially self-imposed ignorance), cowardice, biggotry, racism, superstition, or religion.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

--
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to A/N Bob. I think you will find many intelligent, like-minded friends here. Looking forward to your posts!

Thanks Angela:

I have been poking around the site and find there are a few areas I want to participate in. Others, like "coming out" I find appalling. It is not we rationalists who are diseased, rather it's the irrational ignorants who are diseased. This idea of "coming out" makes me cringe, and underlines the very reason why non-believers, who make up some 15 percent of the U.S. population, are so impotent. 

--
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

I think "coming out" was just for lack of a better term. LOL Enjoy the site!

Greetings fellow infidel. Glad you're here. Hope to see you around.

Thank you kindly. I suspect you will see me around :-)

I don't refer to myself in ecclesiastical terms. I prefer to call myself a rationalist, a humanist, an atheist.

Infidel is an ecclesiastical term in Christianity around which the Church developed a body of theology that deals with the concept of infidelity, which makes a clear differentiation between those who were baptized and followed the teachings of the Church versus those who are outside the faith. The term infidel was used by Christians to describe those perceived as the enemies of Christianity.

We should avoid using the language of irrationality when referring to ourselves. 

--

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man" -- Thomas Jefferson

Hi Bob!  Wow!  You have had some awesome careers!  I also love cats (many on here do!) and I also have no tolerance at all for everything you have listed.

I'm glad you found Atheist Nexus!  I look forward to reading your posts! ~ Mindy

Welcome Bob.

Welcome to AN, Bob. You might like it here.

Greets, fellow engineer and cat owner (owned!).  Double-E and professional troubleshooter here.  Glad you made it here and hope you enjoy yourself.

I don't want to believe; I want to know.
-- Carl Sagan

Welcome to Nexus.

Nice looking cat!  Now you need two more, Ricky and Fred.

I once named my goldfish Sam and Ella.

Based on your careers and experiences, and life path, you should be honored and respected as someone with a lot to say.  Something to for us all to learn from.   I may not reach your stage - cancer - but if I do, I want to be unapologetic and proud.

Got! I adopted a homeless pair. Sisters: Lucy and Ethel. That's Ethel on the left. 

Attachments:

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service