really deserves its own thread -
: Out of curiosity, what do you not like about the Greens?
That they are into pop issues, not real issues. They're a religion, not a political movement.
* its more environmentally harmful to recycle aluminium cans than making new ones.
* The massive carbon emmission and energy drain caused by badly designed data centers - who's power consumption exceeded cumulative domestic power consumption in the US last year and is still rising.
* "Green" programming - designing software that uses less CPU cycles. It may sound trivial, until you really think about it.
* The massive carbon emmission and energy drain caused by most web pages having default white backgrounds - see previous.
* Electric cars are groovy baby - but what are you going to do with all those batteries once their life cycle has expired ? They have a nasty habit of concentrating extremely toxic substances.
Etcetera, et-bloody-cetera. Have you ever heard even *one* greenie consider *any* of the above issues ?
Nope. Its not glamorous. Not like chaining yourself to trees or storming Japanese whaling vessels. They'd spend their time much better going to basic science school.
When Greens start addressing REAL issues, I'll vote for them. Not before.