I was coming back from Vegas a few weeks ago and saw this billboard. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside cause I thought it was a billboard for skeptics. I could tell my 2 theistic buddies got uncomfortable by it. Which was also kind of funny. A few days ago I decided to find out what organization put it there and maybe give them some props. It turns out its some weird ufo religion. It seems pretty stupid just like all of them. But they have a good story on their site in video form. Here's a link to them on Wikipedia If you're curios about them. Hope this isn't a re-post."The atheist 'Intelligent Design Theory' offers a rational solution to the age-old debate between God-believers and evolutionists. It’s compatible not only with today's scientific discoveries but also with the ancient historical accounts of all cultures." Rael.org

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Say wha?  Either there is a "god"™ or there is not.  Either there is intelligent design, or there is not.  It is either raining at this moment or it is not.

Maybe there is a god and he/she/it screwed up so badly that atheists find it embarrassing to admit his/her/its existence.

Hm-mm, would a group named "God's Screwups" get any visitor?

Wouldn't visiting aliens be like a god anyway? I mean WE can't travel to other planets.
Some day we might be able to. So I wouldn't totally rule out the chances of extraterrestrials visiting. The universe is so vast it is incomprehensible. I doubt we've had any visitors though. Probably not even intelligent life out there. But I don't think I'm qualified to make that assumption.
If there is any life out there, wouldn't it have to be more intelligent than Homo semi-sapiens?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service