"And God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.' So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:26-27).

So, do I read this right, we are created in gods "image" and god is always refered to in the masculine.

Doesnt that mean that god is a living, breathing MAN with internal organs and human body functions, a physical, touchable guy who bleeds, eats, poops?

So then, now I really AM confused.

God created the universe, right? So, what did he do before? What all "life supports" did he have? Must he not have had lungs, a heart, a penis, a stomach?

What all stuff is on gods diet?

Does he avoid high sodium and excess fat?

Where did his "schematic" for a human female come from?

Was there a "Mrs God" to pattern Eve from?

Also, according to the bible, no one has ever seen god (the "father') up close and personal. So, how come he needed to come to earth in the living human form of Jesus

since he already was just a regular dude?

What am I missing?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Other verses can help us understand what this verse means:

Gen 3:8 - "(...) they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day (...)"

Ex 33:11 - " And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. (...)"

The Bible means it literally, mankind was literally made looking like God himself.

Narcissism? Maybe. But then again, there are also serpentine deities in the Bible such as the Brazen Serpent (found in both genesis in the tree, and later used by Moses against Pharaoh).

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service