I saw TV news today and I cringe when Dr. Kent Brantly said about curing his Ebola disease

An American doctor who was cured of Ebola repeatedly thanked God for what he believes was truly a miracle recovery.

“God saved my life. A direct answer to thousands and thousands of prayers,” said Dr. Kent Brantly.

Really? God saved his life?   How? He must be delusion with experimental drugs.  Bad press conference.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/american-doctor-infect...

Tags: Brantly, Dr., Ebola, Kent

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And not christian. 

I cringed with you.

I hate it when people thank god for anything, it totally discredits the people who actually did the work, and I would be offended and feel disrespected to say the least if I was a doctor on staff there. 

Now, THAT'S what I meant. I had neglected to mention that aspect of the equation. But far too many of the staff in any given hospital are believers, too. The dermatologist who slices skin cancers off my face makes me listen to Joel Osteen tapes while the lidocaine injections take effect (and even while he's doing skin surgery!). I would say something but he is the only dermatologist signed up for my medicare supplemental insurance.

That really does suck, I actually fired a shrink I had because he not only believed in jebus, he felt the need to tell me praying would rid me of my depression. Awkward to say the least.

James, just for kickers, why not ask the 'good' Dr. before he starts, if you could say a few words:  Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa,  Repeat 3 times with hands together at chin level and eyes closed.  Then explain to him, It means:  Honour to the Blessed One, the Exalted One, the fully Enlightened One, the Blessed Buddha.  An ancient Buddhist mantra.  Then see the expression on your Dr's face.  Will he ask you never to repeat that again, throw you out, respect your sincerity, etc?  Just a thought. 

Apparently God was not interested in helping the Spanish priest, or the hundreds of black people. Maybe God does not like black people.

Yes, that's about as arrogant as a person can get.  It proves that being smart enough to be a Dr., doesn't keep him from being dumb as shit.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service