A cousin-in-law on Facebook (I know, I know) put up  something that a friend of hers said about the tragedy happening because everyone does not put wonderful, loving 'god' first in their lives, blah, blah, blah.  I, of course, couldn't keep my mouth shut and said it had nothing to do with religion, moral people are moral people, and this guy was obviously insane.  Then the cousin-in-law said she believes 'god' has something to do with EVERYTHING. 

WHAT THE FUCK do you say to that?  REALLY?  Her 'god' had something to do with that?  And WHY would you worship something that had the power, but didn't do anything to save those babies?????

I know, we talk about this all the time.  I really just want to be a hermit.  I hate dumb people, and there are WAY too many of them.

Views: 885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel your pain..

In the words of the redneck comedian, Ron White. "You can't cure stupid."

Ain't that the truth~ ;)

The next time someone lays that "god isn't allowed in school any more" crap, lay THIS on 'em!

Wow Loren!  Awesome answer to that!  Thanks for posting it!~ Melinda

i was pleased to see this on fb:

Thanks Matthew for posting that graphic from FB.

I love it! I definitely posted it on Facebook. 

Right VikingDon?  Who needs to listen to that bullshit when there is such a horrible tragedy to process?!  I can't even begin to imagine the horror.  It's unspeakably sad.

Sadly, a lot of kids who need to be saved FROM Jesus still live with those Adventist relatives.  Perhaps they could make it on their own, but it will be a lot easier on them with you in their lives as a role model.

I agree Booklover - moral people are moral people. You don't need a god to have morals or ethics.
Great discussion.

I know Steph.  But the religious morons seem to think we need a god to have morals and ethics.  If they could read what great conversations we have on here, and how we have made such nice friendships, maybe they could see we are good people WITHOUT religion.  I don't think they'd get it though.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service